Scored Husqvarna 570

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Received a Husqvarna 570 with a scored cylinder and piston to work on. I had hoped it was just aluminum transfer on the cylinder, but it's got some pretty deep scratches. Funny thing is the spark plug and cylinder look pretty normal as far as carbon and condition goes. Might be just a case of overheating as the chain is pretty dull and beat up.IMG_20211010_001559.jpgIMG_20211010_001458.jpg

Received a Husqvarna 570 with a scored cylinder and piston to work on. I had hoped it was just aluminum transfer on the cylinder, but it's got some pretty deep scratches. Funny thing is the spark plug and cylinder look pretty normal as far as carbon and condition goes. Might be just a case of overheating as the chain is pretty dull and beat up.View attachment 934192View attachment 934193
If the grooves in the cylinder wall arent too deep it may clean up and be usable. Will obviously need a new piston and rings.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Is 70-80 USD total for the work ballpark to ask?
If you brought it to me, id do a teardown, inspection, vac/press test it, it would go for a dip in the sonic cleaner, get cleaned, and id put a new piston and rings in, if the bore cleaned up. Id charge $150 labor (2 hours or so).

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'd compare the cost of a new OEM p/C kit to the AM. You might be surprised that there isn't that much difference. If similar in price it's a no brainer on which way to go. But best find out exactly how that saw failed before putting it back into service. I'd check the fuel had oil in it.

I been grabbing oem piston kits as I see them for the saws I have. When there cheap. For your 570 I’d grab a 575 kit. Check the crankbearings.

The Husqvarna is back together with the 575 meteor kit.

IMG_20211021_191653.jpgIMG_20211019_203911.jpgIMG_20211021_095928.jpgIMG_20211019_204120.jpg
The quality of the kit was quite good, excellent plating and zero issues with fit. Base gasket delete, 28 thou squish, shows 120 psi with the decomp engaged! Too hard to pull over well enough to get a measurement with the decomp disengaged. Responding to initial tuning nicely. 32-in bar would not be my first choice, but the oiler seems to handle it with no problem. I'll tune it up in some big wood as soon as I get the chance, with some video to post of course.
The swap was fairly easy, seems like Husqvarna made it a point to design the saw with ease of disassembly/assembly in mind. Thank you Husqvarna.

If you brought it to me, id do a teardown, inspection, vac/press test it, it would go for a dip in the sonic cleaner, get cleaned, and id put a new piston and rings in, if the bore cleaned up. Id charge $150 labor (2 hours or so).

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Geeeze...
That's Hooker & Coke money! Lol

Let’s see I gave two running 570’s to my boys I’m running one, I have five left. The boys like them. So far everyone runs. One seller was too weak to fire it up.

Well done - glad you got success. Did you find the cause of the issue? That’s what is so important here.

Also, I’d hold onto the OEM cylinder, never know if you’ll have a change of heart and want to clean it up. I have heard nothing but good things about meteor. I have one in my ms 260. Though, I do regret not just buying OEM now. I’m sure I’ll swap it out in the future.

I blame overheating caused by pushing it too hard with a dull chain. All scoring on the exhaust side in line with the exhaust port. The saw has to work hard enough pulling a chain on a 32-in bar, never mind trying to cut with a beat up chain.

I blame overheating caused by pushing it too hard with a dull chain. All scoring on the exhaust side in line with the exhaust port. The saw has to work hard enough pulling a chain on a 32-in bar, never mind trying to cut with a beat up chain.
Either way, it wasn’t tuned rich enough to do the work being asked of it. If it got hot, it needs extra fuel to cool it down

Latest posts

Back