Searching for a screw type log splitter Minnesota Wisconsin Iowa Anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodman6666

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
All I really need is the cone off of one. If anyone knows of one in this area please let me know. Thanks alot

My grandpa has one that is a 3-point tractor mounted version. I could ask him if he wants to sell it. its been sitting for quite awhile.

Wonder if the fellow found what he was looking for. I am in the market for a stickler my self at a reasonable price.

:D Al

A story I heard about the old screw-type splitter was from the owner of the saw shop I used to go to. He said back in the 70's when he still was a farm implement dealer, during a demo day a OEM had one there that was bolted to the rear axle of a Dodge station wagon that had the rear axle up on jack stands. All they were splitting was oak and it was working good until someone asked, "How does it split elm?". So the rep got a round of elm and the shop owner told me the elm stuck to the cone and nearly threw the car off the jack stands.

I read a story on the internet of a guy using one mounted to a tractor pto that took him arm, arms off. Been a while since I read that one, seems I remember it was a news story.

I'd still like to fine a cheap used stickler.

I can't seem to find it any more.

Way I seem to remember it Bascily he had it in the pto of his tractor and screw or block of wood caught clothing and took his arm off. There was a law suit about it.

I have this one that had a steel screw starter to the alum cone. It broke out and they no longer make the alum cone so I think I can adapt a stickler to it.

The one I had wasn't all that slow. It also didn't leave all those little shavings like my hydrlic does.
I'm looking for a used stickler so I don't have to pay full retail for one.

Back