Sears Craftsman saws WHO MAKES EM??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blly8325

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys if this is a dumb thread, but I have an opportunity to inherit some tools and schtuff from a relative. Including (2) craftsmen saws 1 dead 1 alive. Yeah I know i could of googled but since I have access to such a variety of chainsaw knowledge I figured I throw this one out there. Besides now I have an opportunity to acquire (2)loaner saws, Is this still considered CAD? :monkey::hmm3grin2orange: Most importantly I'd like to know, if I have to fix em.

It depends on when they were made. You need to post pictures or model numbers. The first thee numbers of the model number will tell who made them. Recent Craftsman saws have all been made by Poulan or MTD, the MTD saws looking like Jen-Feng (did I spell that right?) McCullochs. Some of the older Poulan made ones were actually pretty good saws for their time.

Some other Craftsmans saws from the 70's and maybe 80's ? were made by Echo (rare), Homelite (also rare), and Roper. Roper was the remnants of David Bradley. I think Roper still puts their name on Kitchen appliances at Sears.

Latest posts

Back