Sears d-44 resto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ango

Reaction score
I am currently in possesion of an old sears d-44 that belongs to my dad. I am attempting to restore it in time for his 52nd birthday. That being said the only thing keeping it from running and cutting is the ignition coil and id say it needs a carb rebuild. I work on husky 365s and 346 xp's at work so I have no clue what type of carb it has. Maybe a tillotson?.The info I have on the saw is sears lightweight direct drive d-44. The model no. is 917.63207, it has the number t-1446-a on a tag on the bottom of the engine. Any help finding parts or info on the saw would be greatly appreciated. Thanx guys!

I am currently in possesion of an old sears d-44 that belongs to my dad. I am attempting to restore it in time for his 52nd birthday. That being said the only thing keeping it from running and cutting is the ignition coil and id say it needs a carb rebuild. I work on husky 365s and 346 xp's at work so I have no clue what type of carb it has. Maybe a tillotson?.The info I have on the saw is sears lightweight direct drive d-44. The model no. is 917.63207, it has the number t-1446-a on a tag on the bottom of the engine. Any help finding parts or info on the saw would be greatly appreciated. Thanx guys!

Some info from Mike Acres site;

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/be5e93d06331e9c288256c0600184092?OpenDocum

Is you saw missing the coil all together? If not your problem is likely the points/condenser and not the coil. I have a completely dissembled D44 here that ran but had low compression, PM me if you are in need of any parts.

Back