Season is almost over

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
IMG_2866.JPG IMG_2927.JPG Ive been selling firewood for 22 years now and have a good customer base. Each year the orders come earlier and I'm sold out earlier. This year the orders started coming in early August but I don't start delivering until it cools down a bit. This year I started my deliveries on 9/15 and delivered 12 cords that weekend around my kids sports schedules. The orders just kept coming so I kicked it into high gear to try to stay only a few weeks behind. After this past weekend, I tallied it all up and have delivered 95 cords over the last 6 weekends. Keep in mind, this is only on weekends. Here is a picture of a 2 cord load and a picture of my trip o meter logging miles of all deliveries this season. I have about 15 cords left and started turning people away about a week ago. Wish I had the time to produce more!

I am married to a school teacher, so take this in a positive way. I can tell by the back row of your truck that you are way TOO organized and neat for me! That truck stacking job, even it is just the back row, puts most of my stacks to shame! I can see why, with the attention/care you go through, the customers are repeats. Congrats on a good season! Get a couple weeks of rest!

I am married to a school teacher, so take this in a positive way. I can tell by the back row of your truck that you are way TOO organized and neat for me! That truck stacking job, even it is just the back row, puts most of my stacks to shame! I can see why, with the attention/care you go through, the customers are repeats. Congrats on a good season! Get a couple weeks of rest!
Haha thanks!

View attachment 681205 View attachment 681206 Ive been selling firewood for 22 years now and have a good customer base. Each year the orders come earlier and I'm sold out earlier. This year the orders started coming in early August but I don't start delivering until it cools down a bit. This year I started my deliveries on 9/15 and delivered 12 cords that weekend around my kids sports schedules. The orders just kept coming so I kicked it into high gear to try to stay only a few weeks behind. After this past weekend, I tallied it all up and have delivered 95 cords over the last 6 weekends. Keep in mind, this is only on weekends. Here is a picture of a 2 cord load and a picture of my trip o meter logging miles of all deliveries this season. I have about 15 cords left and started turning people away about a week ago. Wish I had the time to produce more!

Nice that your deliveries are all close by. Some weeks I put 600-700+ miles. Been doing 15-20 cords a week since August (cut, split and delivered). Have put about 12k on the truck this year, just do wood with it.

Nice that your deliveries are all close by. Some weeks I put 600-700+ miles. Been doing 15-20 cords a week since August (cut, split and delivered). Have put about 12k on the truck this year, just do wood with it.
What's your territory in square miles? Hope you're factoring in fuel costs

Dang, that's more miles than I drive in the average year total.

Back