Sell me your complete mini mac 35!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a mini mac once, nice saw. I gave it away, I think the guy still has it.

I got these !! LOL !!

attachment.php

Thought these things were a dime a dozen because everyone hates them?:D

They are. Hence the overwhelming response to your request.

Problem is, you are willing to PAY for one. Now everyone thinks you're nuts!:laugh:

Just kidding, mang. Good luck with the project. I actually have one myself. (But don't let it get around!)

Poge

As someone who just got one of the even more maligned later plastic Mac 3200 series saws, I'll admit I like the Mini Macs too. The top handle Mini Macs are cuter, but the later rear handle 3200 style are easier to work on. I doubt many parts interchange, but the basic design of the engine and structure is similar. The biggest difference is that the later saws have the intake port and carb rotated 90 degrees to the top, making access to the carb and fuel lines a lot easier. There are also A/V versions of the later saws, which as I have discovered may be important (I have a post up about the vibrations I found). Still, I like the simplicity of the non A/V version.

In my quest to get the the most hated saws, I'll eventually have to get a Mini Mac too!

Lmao i was just cracking up at the replies, you guys are too funny. I got a mini mac lined up off of craigslist locally. Its an older one with the all yellow case. Guy says it runs mint and the chain was just sharpened, just add gas and bar oil and use it. Said $50 takes it, dont think i can go wrong here. Any thoughts?

Yeah sure why not, just send me some pics and how much you want for it.

I've got a well used looking 110/130 that's complete but has a broken chainbrake lever (CB still works). Will shoot a pic of it today. Also have an extrememly low-time 110/130 that's disassembled and in a box somewhere. Missing the carb and fuel tank (and maybe a screw or two). Bar and chain and engine (and everything else, except for the carb and tank) are in great shape. It was given to me about 20 years ago by a guy that had ran it once then left it to sit with fuel in it. I took it apart and the carb was one of those plastic/metal Zamas. Tank and carb were more gummed up than anything I've seen before or since. Had 'em soaking......................and left them so long that the plastic was ruined. Tossed the tank and carb. Boxed the rest and forgot about it.

Now I just need to find the box that it's been hiding in. Haven't seen it since we moved three years ago. Really want to find said box because it also has some old large frame McCulloch stuff in it too. Right now all I have access to are the first MM I mentioned (with the broken CB lever), plus the yellow plastic carrying case and the bar/chain from the disassembled (and currently AWOL) carbless low-time saw. I'll let you know when I find it. When I do, you can have it all for shipping plus the cost of a few beers.

Lmao i was just cracking up at the replies, you guys are too funny. I got a mini mac lined up off of craigslist locally. Its an older one with the all yellow case. Guy says it runs mint and the chain was just sharpened, just add gas and bar oil and use it. Said $50 takes it, dont think i can go wrong here. Any thoughts?

$50 is $48.75 too much for one of them.

Sounds like a great chainsaw guru quiz/challenge. Send one MM in a box in pieces to each of the "best" guys on AS. First one to have it running on mixed gasoline in a safe usable condition while cutting thru 12" hardwood round gets the prize.

Sounds like a great chainsaw guru quiz/challenge. Send one MM in a box in pieces to each of the "best" guys on AS. First one to have it running on mixed gasoline in a safe usable condition while cutting thru 12" hardwood round gets the prize.

there ain't no prize big enough. people would rather saw their right arm off with a dull 2x4.

I bought one in 1992 and never got it to run. Not once. I pulled that friggen rope 5000 times on 200 different days. Not even the choke burble sound. I had a 2 stroke Toro and a leaf blower and they worked perfectly so it wasn't ALL me, although it probably was mostly me.

I left it at the dump a in 2008. I wish I had it now. It would be on the wall and I would call it Art.

It is funny how everyone cusses them. Yes they were hard to start. Yes they were hard to work on (that is until you figure out the system). Even after that think about how many were sold and how many are still running. They served their purpose. They were a homeowner saw nothing more nothing less. It is sad that you now want one as last year I still had a new original PM6.

Bill

The more I'm told you can't do something the more it makes me want to do the opposite haha. I really want the MM because I want a very small compact saw. As soon as I pick one up I'm posting a video of it tearing through some wood..... or a garbage pail if it pisses me off:laugh:

Latest posts

Back