selling a chainsaw to a 13 year old boy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
/

Good story. Can't help but comment on the saw shop expense. In my neck of the wood you can not walk through the door for less then $20. Your above repair at my local shop would have easily shot a $50 bill.
Big variation in saw work costs. I had an 026 that I bought new but it never did run right for me so it got very little use. It was well over 25 years old and had zero work done on it so far. I took it to a local saw shop and went away for 2 days. When I returned it was running like a champ and the bill, including a new fuel filter, as under $10.

I may have what you need, my parts 51/55 is sitting in the basement in pieces. What do you need for it? You can't be that far away from me.

Shea
I know exactly where Old Fort is. I spent many a day up at Graphite watching trains go by. I probably held you up at a few of the railroad crossings when you where driving thru town. Mustards makes the best hamburgers, funny how the mini burger is bigger than the giant burger. Got to ask, when did you open the hotdog place and where is it located.

As for parts, I kind of need about all the boltons. Starter cover, clutch cover, topcover. I have found several of those old saws local, but it seems most of them have the covers cracked, chain brake spring missing or the lever broke. A good looking saw they want as much for as a running saw. Plenty of good parts on ebay, but shipping is a killer.

Found another parts saw today. Saw is supposed to have been straight gassed. couldnt beat the price, FREE, No b/c on the saw. Now I have to make a decision. This saw seems to have pretty good compression, but wont know until I get it home and pull the plug. If it doesnt look to bad on the cyl, I will give it a crank and see how it sounds. If the saw runs, I might have mixed feelings about parting it out to fix a clunker.

Found another parts saw today. Saw is supposed to have been straight gassed. couldnt beat the price, FREE, No b/c on the saw. Now I have to make a decision. This saw seems to have pretty good compression, but wont know until I get it home and pull the plug. If it doesnt look to bad on the cyl, I will give it a crank and see how it sounds. If the saw runs, I might have mixed feelings about parting it out to fix a clunker.
well, compression tested the saw, 60psi, not what I was looking for. saw was actually hard to pull even with the plug out. Makes my decision easier, It has the sheet metal I need to spruce up my wifes saw, so now I need to get that saw running again.

Latest posts

Back