selling fire in a box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff1632004

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What do you guys think about selling firewood, kindling, tinder and matches and lighting instructions in the same container. This would be everything a person would need to start one fire for a camping trip or in their yards. Have some of you have already tried this. Let me know your ideas or thoughts.

I think the big market would be at grocery stores and gas stations in the winter. Apartment dwellers would eat it up like candy!!

I don't think it would go all that well with the camping crowd. They tend to have everything they need, but always want wood when they get to the lake.

I bet a lawyer would jump all over that lawsuit especially when some retard did something stupid. I'd leave the instuctions out.:)

I bet a lawyer would jump all over that lawsuit especially when some retard did something stupid. I'd leave the instuctions out.:)

I would agree, not sure I would want the liability of providing someone (maybe not of age) the equipment and documentation of starting a fire. Make sure you are structured as an LLC (Limited Liability Company), keeps your personal assets somewhat protected from the business assets.

Makes me wonder if Google Earth is going to be sued for providing detailed maps that the terrorist used recently in the Mumbai, India attacks.

Remember the 'hot coffee' at McDonalds case a few years ago:
The jury awarded Liebeck $200,000 in compensatory damages. This amount
was reduced to $160,000 because the jury found Liebeck 20 percent at
fault in the spill. The jury also awarded Liebeck $2.7 million in
punitive damages, which equals about two days of McDonalds' coffee
sales.

Funny...a few years back my wife had a co-worker who for the life of himself could not start a fire in his fireplace....

I sent a care package to the guy...neatly arranged in a box.

Had a few sprigs, followed by some small kindling...some larger kindling, small starter logs..slightly larger pieces..you see where I'm going here...

Dude was forever grateful...didn't seem to mind my condescending attitude...simply had no clue as to how to start a fire.

I might add...I have no clue as to how to write requirement documents, something that I understand this young man was stellar at...

Judge not yet ye be judged..........

We've done the 'Bonfire in a Box' , and Driveway fire in a box for folks, friends and they gave us $10/ea for them.

What we did; Used an empty box from a 30pk of beer, packed it just right with all the fixins, and all they needed to do was apply a flame and wallah, 30-45min fire and hardly any mess to bother with and it had a built in handle with their favorite beverage on the outside.

Figured it out about 6years ago.
Didn't try to market it due to our generally litigous society.

Back