Semi permanent storage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300zx_tt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
im looking for semi permanent storage options, not wanting to spend a ton of money. I want to keep some slabs and a lawn mower, my CSM and some hickory and apple wood for my smoker. Ideally I'd like a 14x30 but id take a 10x20 standard size carport. I'm in the north east so snow loads are a slight concern, I'd go out and remove the snow on days I'd need to though. I was on eBay looking around, these things are super cheap with less than average reviews but it's $85 with free shipping.

Found this on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x30-Outd...613248&hash=item280300dc3b:g:gYAAAOSwY0lXTBRL

Then there are these from harbor freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-17-ft-portable-garage-62860.html

smaller than I wanted to buy and $199 bucks. My fiancé' father keeps his s2000 in one and it's going strong on 4 years

Lastly I could build something similar to the canopy's out of wood. It would be essentially a garage like frame with a tarp as a roof and 2 walls. The most expensive of the options but the most customizable and in reality probably the strongest.

What do you guys think? Am I an idiot for not just building this thing??

Neither of those are worth spending money on although the HF one is a step up from the fleabay one.
I have been thinking lately if I could find a large tube frame from one like TSC sells and put some hat channel on it and use metal roofing it might be worth having. I'm done with tents. I am about to build a 8x10 shed just to put some tools out of my garage in. I really need a larger garage but it's just not feasible in the near future.
Build it and never look back.

I would look at the tube steel type tent. Then attach some 2x4 to the sides horizontally. Then the typical 5 rib steel siding. Could easily last 10+ years with minor maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

versa-tube is expandable to fit your imagination as well as a weekly building budget... menards sells all the component's.
I have researched the Versa tube buildings and I like the idea. I wish we had a Menards in these parts.

If you got a tube tent frame you can buy different gauge of hat channel instead of 2x4's for perlins

bus_motorhome_01.jpg

Get a junk school bus.

Back