Senior Moment With Bar Lube!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kurf

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Folks, actually I mixed some bar lube with the fuel in my Echo 520 and tried to start it. Of course, it pulled the mixture into the Carb. I would guess it had 3 parts gas and 1 part oil. I cleaned the fuel tank,and removed the inlet fuel line at the carb and got fresh fuel at that point but I still can't get the saw to fire. I'm not getting any fuel to the plug. I suppose it is plugging the screen in the carb. It has a Walbro Carb. Is there anything to do short of removing and cleaning out the carb. I'm guessing the Allen screws that holds the carb on would need loctite of some sort after removing them. Anyone know what is recommended for that? I also have a Echo CS 346, the fuel tank is on the opposite end of it compared to the 520. Lose your focus and this is what you get. Thanks for any help,
Kurf

I think the carb needs to come apart to be cleaned properly. Shouldn't need Loctite for the carb mounting bolts, I've never used any and have had no problems. If you use any though, use only the BLUE, not the red.

I wouldn't worry about loctite either. You may can prime it with a little fresh fuel mix a time ar two and it might start up and dillute itself on out. Just an idea, i dunno.

Pull the plug, put the choke on, pull the saw over until you get a good shot of fuel in the jug. Let it evaporate for a while, replace the plug and start saw as normal.

Pull the plug, put the choke on, pull the saw over until you get a good shot of fuel in the jug. Let it evaporate for a while, replace the plug and start saw as normal.

Definitely worth a try!!!!:cheers:

Heat the entire saw up. You can set it in the sun if it is hot or put a heat lamp on it. Be careful not to use anything that generates spark or open flame . This will reduce the viscosity of the oil that is plugging it up. Take the plug out and choke it until you are getting fuel in the chamber. Then you are good to go.

Larry

building on his idea....

place thumb over carb bore. i have done this with new carbs to draw the fuel up a little faster.

Most seniors would enjoy a good moment with some bar lube......

Anyway, take apart the carb and clean it and get on with it......

If the metering diaphram side of the carb is accessible, just pop it off and spray CRC brakeclean everywhere...

Best to take it apart though and spray brakeclean though the L and H screws - make sure it comes out of the main jet nozzle and l progression jet bores You might need to put your finger over the hole into the metering chamber when doing so. Wear safety glasses.

Bar oil is nasty stuff for clogging.

Hi Folks, actually I mixed some bar lube with the fuel in my Echo 520 and tried to start it. Of course, it pulled the mixture into the Carb. I would guess it had 3 parts gas and 1 part oil. I cleaned the fuel tank,and removed the inlet fuel line at the carb and got fresh fuel at that point but I still can't get the saw to fire. I'm not getting any fuel to the plug. I suppose it is plugging the screen in the carb. It has a Walbro Carb. Is there anything to do short of removing and cleaning out the carb. I'm guessing the Allen screws that holds the carb on would need loctite of some sort after removing them. Anyone know what is recommended for that? I also have a Echo CS 346, the fuel tank is on the opposite end of it compared to the 520. Lose your focus and this is what you get. Thanks for any help,
Kurf

The title of this thread is wrong in so many ways...

I have come close to using drip torch mix in my saw. I have a hot shot torch the screws onto an MSR fuel bottle. You use regular saw mix with a couple of glugs of bar oil added to cool it down. I came dern close to running that mix in a saw, just had to dump it back into the bottle.

Back