Sequim logging show..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it rained every day I was there!!!!!!

Yeah it looked soggy in those pictures:popcorn:

Was just out shopping for a slicker suit :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

RB Tree in action,,,,
attachment.php

getting warmed up!!!!!
attachment.php

Dang it RB hurry up!!!!!!! you forgot the water melon!!!!!!!!
attachment.php

D.C.

This must have been what happened when you sold Kevin Dunnavin of Cottage Grove, Oregon a crummy saw with a crummy chain for big bucks. He drove six hours to White Pine, California to a logging show there. The best he could do was 4th place. He called you later and said he was “out motored” and “out chained” by the Rupleys. How could that be since you profess to be the best saw builder and best chain sharpener around?

Rotax called me today and said he made 2 cuts in a cottonwood log that was 2 years old and the cuts were lightning fast with no hang-ups what so ever. The wood they used in Sequim was just a few days old so it would have required more “set” in the chain. Any problem that Rotax had couldn’t be attributed to beer since his blood alcohol level was normal at about .5 or so.

Art Martin

D.C.

This must have been what happened when you sold Kevin Dunnavin of Cottage Grove, Oregon a crummy saw with a crummy chain for big bucks. He drove six hours to White Pine, California to a logging show there. The best he could do was 4th place. He called you later and said he was “out motored” and “out chained” by the Rupleys. How could that be since you profess to be the best saw builder and best chain sharpener around?

Rotax called me today and said he made 2 cuts in a cottonwood log that was 2 years old and the cuts were lightning fast with no hang-ups what so ever. The wood they used in Sequim was just a few days old so it would have required more “set” in the chain. Any problem that Rotax had couldn’t be attributed to beer since his blood alcohol level was normal at about .5 or so.

Art Martin

Rotax told me that the chain, a race chain filed by Art, was thin in the tooth, and past its time to be retired. I've seen that saw beat piped saws.

Hey Art......Don't blame that thinned down, horseshoe cutting chain on me or Rotax.....Well, I guess you can blame Rotax a little, he did throw the chain, but you're suppose to be the know-it-all expert chain builder! Nice chain cutting chain Art!.....Hahahahahahaha!

BTW, I did sell Kevin a good 084, but I didn't sell him a chain. He doesn't run mine or Tom Fales chains......Which proves my point even more, got to have a good cutting chain and one that doesn't bind like yours to win races.....Too thin to win Art!.....Hahahahahahaha!:blob2: :blob2:

DC

Sorry D.C. you are right. The chain Kevin had on the saw when he got 4th place was not one of yours but was made by Mel Lentz. He bought it right off of Mel’s saw after Mel had won 2nd place with it at a show. I wonder why the winningest contestant ever doesn’t know how to make good chain? Mel must have thought it was good chain at the time because he got $250 for it. Also, does that mean you are saying that Mel is in the same category as I am and doesn’t know how to make a good racing chain?

Art Martin

I happen to know a little bit about that saw because Kevin approached me with it. After he got it off Dennis, he had several builders hands on it and had it running on 40% Nitro. Kevin's own words where "I think too many people had their hands in it because it just does not run like when I first got it." Kevin also claimed that the 40% Nitro that he himself had it bumped up to made the saw very inconsistent.

DC

Sorry D.C. you are right. The chain Kevin had on the saw when he got 4th place was not one of yours but was made by Mel Lentz. He bought it right off of Mel’s saw after Mel had won 2nd place with it at a show. I wonder why the winningest contestant ever doesn’t know how to make good chain? Mel must have thought it was good chain at the time because he got $250 for it. Also, does that mean you are saying that Mel is in the same category as I am and doesn’t know how to make a good racing chain?

Art Martin

I don't think Mel would like to be dragged into this.

Some competitors could win with absolutely anything and he is one of them.

Fred

Hey, Art

I won the stock saw race were kevin bought the chain from mel and the chain he ran was faster than about 30 or so other ones there!! I would find it very hard to belive that that chain just stopped cutting. I would think that with all the messing around kevin did with the saw maybe he thought that he or someone else could help the chain out to.:buttkick: I's never meet you but I can't belive that you think D.C. would ever think about putting you in the same class as mel. I bet that mel won more races in one weekend than you won in your life!!!!:buttkick: Later T.J.

RB just pokin fun at ya!!!!!

You would remind me of that...again....It only took me 10 minutes after you pointed out the shoelace..for me to remember it....:dizzy:

DC.....respect your elders, ya heah:cool:

Art, I talked to Robert after that cut he said it cut like a house afire the first half of tha log then it seemed to have to be pushed,,,,,,

and Dennis behave??????? not in this century!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Art, I talked to Robert after that cut he said it cut like a house afire the first half of tha log then it seemed to have to be pushed,,,,,,

and Dennis behave??????? not in this century!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are you back in Texas yet

I did,,,,,

Looks like you had a grand 'ol time. I gotta go!

Great folks, beautiful country,,,, Many more pics to resize and post but that will be later,,,,,

Oh yeah it really did rain alot,,,,,, It Did???

a couple of more parting shots for now
attachment.php

West side of Hurricane Ridge,,,, it was snowing its butt off up there when this pic was taken right after the end of the Logging show,, it was pretty wild cause the weather was nice and warm all day,,, and we were shedding out jackets,,, then toward the end of the show it clouded up and we were scrambling for our jackets as the temps dove about 30* in a heartbeat!!!!

attachment.php

this is the largest Sitka Spruce in the Hoh rainforest!!! its only 500 or so years old,,,,, I have more pics but I just picked a few for now

attachment.php

RB Tree,,,,Aimed Falling contest first Melon buster,,,,,, he was a trip,,,,
Great guy and it was a pleasure to see him work,,, his face cut was sweet, then He really worked his back cut with a couple of good dog sets and then set & pulled his trigger like the Professional that he is,,,, Melon splattered,,,, I see Why Lakeside regards his Arborist prowess so highly!!!!!

Hes kinda stuck on those Ugly orange saws though :buttkick:

Hes kinda stuck on those Ugly orange saws though :buttkick:

Yupp...Stuck like a big ole spoonful o' peenut buttah--to the roof of da mouf......

Umm, weeelll, i gots green ones, white ones (with a speck o orange....) blue ones (well teal and off white) yalla ones, red ones, even pink 'shopped ones....

I ain't bigoted....or littleoted....:jester:

Glad you had a great time in da PNWet.....:camera:

more pics coming

Chow Dozer, Dean, FHCW, Lakeside, & RBtree talking about all the Rain while the eloquent Mrs Cindy takes in the sunshine I mean rain????
attachment.php

RB kissing the sky,,,hes working on something up there!!!!
attachment.php

Some neat old tractors and old engines too

attachment.php

attachment.php

Did anybody get any videos of the climbing and cutting ??? I saw RBtree, but he was way in the heck up there so he probably couldnt hear me or even see me for that matter.

CMM

Back