Sequim WA Logging show.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard through the grapevine that Rotax won’t be able to enter the 5 cube event in Sequim this year. That’s probably because he won by such a large margin (4 secs.) last year. So they changed the rules in that event where a contestant who has won the event wouldn’t be eligible again for two years. Rotax has purchased Art’s Poulan 655 B.P. in the 6.0 cube class. I also heard that Art is selling his 5.0 cube Pioneer P52 as well as all his other saws since there isn’t any competition and will start making racing chains for those who can afford them.

Troll
The Big Norwegian

There are lots of places Robert can race. He is always welcome here in the south.:greenchainsaw:

Fred

well I am going to make it up to the the show. I contacted that Kevin guy whos number was listed on thier website and he said he was not sure on how many big saws were showing up. He did say that the Predator would be thier because Rotax Robert is on thier committee. He mentioned a few other saws like the harleys and stuff would likely be at the show also. Just the same it will be fun to put a few faces with the names like ben and dean and gary and elk killer etc etc.

cmm

I heard through the grapevine that Rotax won’t be able to enter the 5 cube event in Sequim this year. That’s probably because he won by such a large margin (4 secs.) last year. So they changed the rules in that event where a contestant who has won the event wouldn’t be eligible again for two years. Rotax has purchased Art’s Poulan 655 B.P. in the 6.0 cube class. I also heard that Art is selling his 5.0 cube Pioneer P52 as well as all his other saws since there isn’t any competition and will start making racing chains for those who can afford them.

Troll
The Big Norwegian

Here's the real reason. No wonder there's no competition!

The 5 cube rule for Sequim are as follows
NO Pipes
No 2 piece Heads
Pump gas only
Must appear stock. You can modify the case of the muffler but nothing that would extend the case.
This is an ameture class race and any one who races more than 2 shows a year is prohibitted. This race is intended to get new blood into the sport.

BTW, the reasons for the rules as they are is becasue last year Robert Andrews barrowed a saw from a guy out of state just to run in this class. He beat every really bad and some one threw a fit. So to try and keep this as intended I made a new rule that will keep the pros out. I do not race so I have nothing to gain by this other than the exposure. Also I do not have the rules set up to bennifit any one particular saw that I own. The guy that threw the fit wanted pipes to be allowed but not alcohol. So I just made it so it was purely an ameture race as intended.

Last edited:
I’m the culprit that my friend Dean is talking about. It seems that since I don’t live in the State of Washington that I am somehow considered a pro. Well, I was a pro many years ago when I made my living cutting timber for a large lumber company in California. I also started competing in some small shows in California. Nobody complained when I always lost that I was a pro. Then, as the years went by, I got more serious about making and filing racing chains. Then, occasionally, I would place and even win some time. Nobody would show me their chains or help me. All I know about chains, I learned on my own. Now that I have perfected my chains, it seems that I am considered a pro and my saws and chains are no longer welcomed at some shows.

The reason that the person, Dean mentioned, who was jumping up and down screaming and complaining that no 5 cube saw could cut that fast is that it beat his piped saw by 4 seconds. I don’t cheat and never did so I told Dean that the whiner could measure the displacement of my saw but if he found that it was not over 5 cubes, he would pay me $50.00 for pain and suffering of being accused of cheating. If he found that it was over 5 cubes then my saw and Rotax would be disqualified. He backed down and it’s a good thing he did or I would have been $50.00 richer.

I sold my 6 cube 655 BP to Rotax Robert and he now is the sole owner of that saw and he lives in Washington State. I am also selling my Pioneer P52 along with a bar and racing chain possibly to someone who lives in Oregon and is interested in it or to the highest bidder whatever the case may be.

Art Martin

So is Robert going to Sequim ? Not many shows around here and was looking forward to seeing a bunch of the big saws. I tried a PM but seems he is banned from here as well as Sequim or am I missing something. No matter though, I still plan on meeting the rest of the guys.

CMM

Look guys, the rules I put in place have little to do with Art or Robert as much as it ahs to do with a guy up in Sequim. He was trying to strong arm me into setting rules that would favor his saw against every one else and I refused. I even so much as pulled my sponsorship. Kevin (promoter) called me up and I explained what was going on. We talked and decided that my race would be an ametures race. This is purely to get new blood into the sport. It seems to be starting to come back and we would like to see this.

There is a flip side to this coin though. This is a small local show and not many pro competitors come up to it. There are a couple who have been dominating it for years and they seem to like it that way. The spanking that Robert did with Art's saws sort of started the whole thing. All I am trying to do is keep it fun and get new blood in.

Now do not fret though because there is a 5 cube pro race as well now up there sponsored by another outfit. It looks as though every one is going to get to race except those who use alcohol and you will have to talk with Lee about that one.

I'm laughing my BUTT off. There are TWO five cube classes. Why in the world should someone get to run in both.

I hope you guys don't keep it up until you piss the sponsers off.

The two most important people in any sport is the spectators and the sponsers.

Fred

Back