Service manual for Stihl 025

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 025 - cracked lubricant tank

Thanks to nosmo and mheim1 for Stihl 025 service manual.
I have a crack in the lubricant tank, so the oil is leaking out instead of going to the chain. I have been told that this can't be repaired - has anyone done it or have any ideas?

One Idea

I don't know how it could be repair by getting to the inside but you may try to repair it from the outside.

Wait until you hear of several ideas but what I might try to do if it were mine and I was told you'll have to replace it because it can't be repaired. It is hard plastic so I'd might try a high wattage soldering gun or iron to try and fuse the plastic closing the crack.

Nosmo

Service Manual

I have a MS250c. Just replaced a leaky fuel line and in doing so removed the LA screw. Contacted my local dealer - he tells me 1 to 1 1/2 turns out. Saw starts fine but revs very high ... wont idle at all. If I screw the LA out further, saw idles then dies. I figure that the LA is the low idle mixture setting, but I'm struggling to understand why the saw wont idle. If anyone can suggest a solution or shoot me a copy of the service manual I would be much appreciated. My email is [email protected]

Cheers

Craig

Oldy

Just picked up a beat up 025 and was looking for the service manual to bring her back to life....Any help Nosmo. [email protected]

Thank You in Advance...:givebeer:

I have a MS250c. Just replaced a leaky fuel line and in doing so removed the LA screw. Contacted my local dealer - he tells me 1 to 1 1/2 turns out. Saw starts fine but revs very high ... wont idle at all. If I screw the LA out further, saw idles then dies. I figure that the LA is the low idle mixture setting, but I'm struggling to understand why the saw wont idle. If anyone can suggest a solution or shoot me a copy of the service manual I would be much appreciated. My email is [email protected]

Cheers

Craig

Just picked up a beat up 025 and was looking for the service manual to bring her back to life....Any help Nosmo. [email protected]

Thank You in Advance...:givebeer:

At the top of the page, there is a thread called "the beg for manuals thread".
Anyhow, PM's sent.

Last edited:
Manual and IPL MS250

Hello riles: Check your Email for the requested manual and IPL. Just pass them on if you hear of someone needing these.

Nosmo

Latest posts

Back