##### session

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VAJerry

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
1. The safety features on new gas cans suck.
2. The new Stihl oil mix makes me nauseated then it burns.
3. my new to me 280 starts for #### when its hot.(It had maybe 5 hrs on it)
4. Its hot out there.

Toss all the gear in the truck,go home and relax. Why do it today when you can do it tomorrow? Yes the new gas cans suck,thats why i grab any older ones I see. Stop using Stihl mix if it makes you sick(DUH!) As far as the saw goes, use a different one. If you don't have another one,go buy one. Toughen up cupcake!

Buy some metal gas cans off eBay, that's what I did. Or buy some at a flea market. They go cheap.

Buy a strato saw, no 2 stroke fumes.

Toughen up or you will never make it cutting trees.

1. The safety features on new gas cans suck.
2. The new Stihl oil mix makes me nauseated then it burns.
3. my new to me 280 starts for #### when its hot.(It had maybe 5 hrs on it)
4. Its hot out there.

WOW, your name is jerry,

You live in central VA,

& you are raising hell,

If you where talkin about a 660 I would think you where my boss hahahaha funny!

Well the oil part dosent quite match though, I have seem my boss working on his 400 big cam in his shop with soo much diesel smoke that you could not see 20 feet, i dunno how he can stand it, its like pepper spray!!!

Where in va, I was in lynchburg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Further info: the old mix never affected me. Someone said they liked the new so I thought I'd try it - back to the old as soon as I get this 2.5 gallons burnt up.
As to the saw I think its this new environmental crap. My 028 cut better before I ran over it:censored: Have to fix that.
Still have my old cans I'll go use them and modify the new one to just barely sucks.
On the bright side using a backhoe best thing since Stihl invented the chainsaw.

BTW been doing this firewood thing all my life, NOT a newbee.

Toss all the gear in the truck,go home and relax. Why do it today when you can do it tomorrow? Yes the new gas cans suck,thats why i grab any older ones I see. Stop using Stihl mix if it makes you sick(DUH!) As far as the saw goes, use a different one. If you don't have another one,go buy one. Toughen up cupcake!

He cuts trees? My gas cans r the least of my worries with a pocket knife. Tomorrow is gonna be 40 and it's gonna be hot for a bit!!

Latest posts

Back