Shindaiwa 352S Hesitating

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KD5UDB

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,

No bashing pls, (my other 4 saws are Stihls)

I have a little Shin 352S that has recently started hesitating from idle, it never did this before. It Idles fine, runs fine on the high end, just has this hestation all of a sudden, like a saw that isn't warmed up yet.
Kinda of sounds like lean on the low end, does not blubber just sags when you go to open the throttle then gets past it and runs fine.

Heres a few facts:

Saw is about 1 1/2 yrs old, has 10-15 hours on it (mostly use it to trim branches off the roof). This is one of the newer 2 bar stud saws.

I have tried adjusting both the high and low needles, there is only about 1/4 turn available without pulling the limiter caps. The low needle has some affect on idle rpm at idle, the high needle will adjust from a slight burble to a full 2 stroke on the high end, but no available adjustment range will get rid of the hesitation.

The plug has the correct color (light Choclate), air filter is clean, lines look clean and I never leave gas in saw for more than a few months even though I used Stabil in all of my gas.

Could this possible be a stopped up screen in the Walbro?, or should I just bring it to my dealer and have him pop off the limiter caps and have him mess with the carb?

Thanks for any thoughts on this, this was a nice light sweet running saw for light stuff and walking around on the roof with.

Chris

Hi all,

No bashing pls, (my other 4 saws are Stihls)

I have a little Shin 352S that has recently started hesitating from idle, it never did this before. It Idles fine, runs fine on the high end, just has this hestation all of a sudden, like a saw that isn't warmed up yet.
Kinda of sounds like lean on the low end, does not blubber just sags when you go to open the throttle then gets past it and runs fine.

Heres a few facts:

Saw is about 1 1/2 yrs old, has 10-15 hours on it (mostly use it to trim branches off the roof). This is one of the newer 2 bar stud saws.

I have tried adjusting both the high and low needles, there is only about 1/4 turn available without pulling the limiter caps. The low needle has some affect on idle rpm at idle, the high needle will adjust from a slight burble to a full 2 stroke on the high end, but no available adjustment range will get rid of the hesitation.

The plug has the correct color (light Choclate), air filter is clean, lines look clean and I never leave gas in saw for more than a few months even though I used Stabil in all of my gas.

Could this possible be a stopped up screen in the Walbro?, or should I just bring it to my dealer and have him pop off the limiter caps and have him mess with the carb?

Thanks for any thoughts on this, this was a nice light sweet running saw for light stuff and walking around on the roof with.

Chris

Take the carb completely down, and clean it. Put a new kit in it, and change the fuel filter. Sounds like a lean condition as you mentioned. I would also check the intake boot for cracks - very unlikely, but possible.

Follow Up

Waited on a Carb Kit for the Shinny 352 for the last few days. Got the kit installed, changed plug, retuned saw and all is well. Running like a scalded dog now!

As a backup I bought me an MS200T :chainsaw: (used it in the last few days, and bought it just because I wanted one)

You can tell by all this that I have CSD in bad kind of way ! :confused:

Current saw linup is:

MS-200T
MS-260
Shindaiwa 352
MS-361
Echo 306

Chris

Back