Shindaiwa air filter needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edge & Engine

Edge & Engine

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Anybody have an air filter for a 500 or 451? New or used will do. Thanks.

You can use the 350/416 silk screened filter on the 451/500 no problem. Contact Kyle from Edge and Engine again...they should still be available...but if you can't find one, I have a new one I would part with. The 451/500 filters were flocked and a little bigger than the 350/416, but you will flow enough with the smaller silk screened filter that you need not worry. I have a whole box full of parts for these old saws - I could probably build 2 complete saws and have parts left over!

Josh

Edge & Engine

Edge & Engine

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
You can use the 350/416 silk screened filter on the 451/500 no problem. Contact Kyle from Edge and Engine again...they should still be available...but if you can't find one, I have a new one I would part with. The 451/500 filters were flocked and a little bigger than the 350/416, but you will flow enough with the smaller silk screened filter that you need not worry. I have a whole box full of parts for these old saws - I could probably build 2 complete saws and have parts left over!

Josh

Interesting. Josh, do you have a part number on the one you have? There are 2 listed (that I can see) in the 416/350 IPL, a "stainless" and a flocked. I would have thought that it would be stainless mesh.

Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Interesting. Josh, do you have a part number on the one you have? There are 2 listed (that I can see) in the 416/350 IPL, a "stainless" and a flocked. I would have thought that it would be stainless mesh.

Yeah, maybe it is stainless - it has been a while since I had one in my hand. I don't have the IPL handy for the part number, but I bet you do. Is it available?

He may need to use a 350/416 filter cover, but I am not for certain. I would try it with the 451 cover first.

Latest posts