Shiny new Super Split!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there an "equivalent tonnage" rating for the Super Splits? What capacity would that unit compare to with a hydraulic machine?

Is there an "equivalent tonnage" rating for the Super Splits? What capacity would that unit compare to with a hydraulic machine?

I don't know if there is a equivalent tonnage. I would advise you to to take a look into what those tonnage ratings actually mean. Keep in mind when you see "34 ton splitter" it is NOT 68,000 pounds of force from the hydraulic cylinder. It is number manipulation for marketing.

http://www.tractorpoint.com/forum/t...8/1/Calculating-hydraulic-tonnage-rating.html

The super split is fundamentally different than a hydraulic splitter. Think of it this way. If you were to split a log the way a hydraulic works with a maul, you would set the maul on the top of the log and start piling weight on top until the maul starts through the log. The super split works like the way you would actually split firewood by hand. A splitting axe moving at a high rate of speed.

Long story short, kind of like comparing apples to oranges. I hope this helps. I don't mean to insult your intelligence if I said anything that was obvious.

I like your table. It appears the recoil on your engine would be more convenient if you un-bolted it and rotated it 1/2 turn to the bottom. Then it would pull strait back. The picture makes it look a bit difficult to access the current way.

That is a good point. You are right, you do have to pull upwards given the high mounting location. I will try your suggestion tomorrow. Let's hope this snow holds off.

What did that run ya if you don't mind me asking?

I bought the J model, which is the model under his, last year and paid around $2750. I picked up locally with no shipping. I think the HD is a little over $3k

I bought the HD Model. Paul gave me a deal and sold it without the motor. I shipped, but picked up at the local carrier facility so saved another $45 that way. Total it was $2750 shipped to Pennsylvania.

Back