Shipping chainsaws from canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclerichard2

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just curious if there are any Canadians on here that have shipped chainsaws across the boarder to the states. What is the best shipping company to use, and what are some things to avoid?

I have shipped many saws TO Canada,using the US post office.One issue with the first saw I shipped,~7 years ago,the bar cut its way out of the box. Canada Post would not certify that for the recipient,so I could not get the insurance claim.Not sure if the buyer was lying or Canada Post did not want to take responsibility?
RR

I have shipped many and I use Canada post. Never had a problem.

I've only had one experience with shipping a saw via Canada Post. It was shipped to me, from one end of our province to the other. It didn't make it - got a call from them that it was locked up in their dangerous goods compound in Halifax, and I had to come get it within 24 hours or it was going to be disposed of. Apparently someone got a whif of some oil or gas smell - the dumbass boxed it up with some fluids still in it. I had to do a very sudden 4 hour round trip to go get it - we were talking about a 044 after all. Couldn't smell anything when I finally got it in my possession, but there were a couple small stains on the inside of the box that didn't make it to the outside. So I guess my only contribution to this is, make sure the saw is completely drained & free of fluids.

Curious about things going the other way too though, I asked about shipping on some of those Earthquake toys with no reply yet.

Back