Shipping to Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, let us let this one fade away..

I was trying to explain why some don't like the extra hassle that comes with
shipping out of the U.S., and the customer pool inside the U.S. is big enough
for the U.S. sellers to do so without noticing any decline in sales.

Yes it is true, there is extra hassle. The friction arose in the talk about it.

Any periphery trouble, and any off color comments either way were/are
really off the topic anyway. Any feelings got hurt, let us leave it at that.

My comments on hockey and your Canadian beer were made in jest, and most
of you know it.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have never met a beer that I didn't like,
a few don't like me back though.

As far as hockey goes, it is kind of like Nascar on ice, except you all don't
have anyone that comes close to Jeff Gordon.............

Anyway, let's let the angst fade away.............

I was trying to explain why some don't like the extra hassle that comes with
shipping out of the U.S., and the customer pool inside the U.S. is big enough
for the U.S. sellers to do so without noticing any decline in sales.

Yes it is true, there is extra hassle. The friction arose in the talk about it.

Any periphery trouble, and any off color comments either way were/are
really off the topic anyway. Any feelings got hurt, let us leave it at that.

My comments on hockey and your Canadian beer were made in jest, and most
of you know it.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have never met a beer that I didn't like,
a few don't like me back though.

As far as hockey goes, it is kind of like Nascar on ice, except you all don't
have anyone that comes close to Jeff Gordon.............

Anyway, let's let the angst fade away.............

Hockey has less emissions, they don't run carburetors.

I would rather ship something to Canada than CA. Of the hundreds of e-bay transactions the we've made, the most problematic transactions have been with CA people.

Never mind cities, Jerry.

Years ago, Middleton and Digby, both small towns, had huge rivalry over hockey games. One time they played in Middleton, and a riot broke out. A school bus was torched and the local cops had to call in the RCMP as they were overwhelmed. Something like 30 arrests, which was big for a town of 1200.

An entire city can be wrecked, up here over the results of a hockey game, best not to get the Canucks riled over anything to do with Hockey.
Pioneerguy600

For christ sake before anyone else goes off the deep end... I can't imagine going to the political forum, chainsaw is dramatic enough.

Never mind cities, Jerry.

Years ago, Middleton and Digby, both small towns, had huge rivalry over hockey games. One time they played in Middleton, and a riot broke out. A school bus was torched and the local cops had to call in the RCMP as they were overwhelmed. Something like 30 arrests, which was big for a town of 1200.

Also a few years back when Howard Dill was trying to lay claim to Windsor being the birthplace of Hockey there was so much tension that it would not have taken much to start a riot over the true birthplace of the game. Not really sure who came out ahead in that argument, it sort of quieted down with the death of Howard. During those times it was hotly contested topic around the hunting camps down Armstrong - Lake Paul area.
Pioneerguy600

Oh yeah, nothing will rile a Canuck faster than hockey. On birthplace, who really knows, wasn't hockey (and lacrosse) adapted from a game the Indians played?

Also a few years back when Howard Dill was trying to lay claim to Windsor being the birthplace of Hockey there was so much tension that it would not have taken much to start a riot over the true birthplace of the game. Not really sure who came out ahead in that argument, it sort of quieted down with the death of Howard. During those times it was hotly contested topic around the hunting camps down Armstrong - Lake Paul area.
Pioneerguy600

Oh yeah, nothing will rile a Canuck faster than hockey. On birthplace, who really knows, wasn't hockey (and lacrosse) adapted from a game the Indians played?

We are kind of derailing the thread here but I have been in a few discussions about the origins of hockey. The game was derived from the ball and stick game played at least before Christ was born. Evidence from Egyptian times shows ball and stick games being played. Scotland and even Africa hold claims to ball and stick games. The early game of playing with a ball and later a disc of sorts along with a stick on ice was loosely refered to as Hurley, early references to Hurley came over from England. The first references of Hurley being played here in NS around 1800, show up around Kings Colledge in Windsor, believed to be played on Long Pond not far from the Colledge. The rules that took the game from Hurley to Hockey were just adaptions, introduction of ice skates, wooden pucks then rubber pucks, stick designs, goal posts and the different position of players along with what they were expected to do and where to play on the ice surface all came along as adaptions, the game has always been evolving and still is.
I have not heard of the influence that lacrosse had on the hockey game but I cannot rule it out either. I am by no way any authority on hockey so anything I have posted above just came about from many discussions about the game among enthusiasts that may have been influenced by a liberal amount of spirits having been consumed.
Pioneerguy600

Wow, neat background, thanks for posting. :)

We are kind of derailing the thread here but I have been in a few discussions about the origins of hockey. The game was derived from the ball and stick game played at least before Christ was born. Evidence from Egyptian times shows ball and stick games being played. Scotland and even Africa hold claims to ball and stick games. The early game of playing with a ball and later a disc of sorts along with a stick on ice was loosely refered to as Hurley, early references to Hurley came over from England. The first references of Hurley being played here in NS around 1800, show up around Kings Colledge in Windsor, believed to be played on Long Pond not far from the Colledge. The rules that took the game from Hurley to Hockey were just adaptions, introduction of ice skates, wooden pucks then rubber pucks, stick designs, goal posts and the different position of players along with what they were expected to do and where to play on the ice surface all came along as adaptions, the game has always been evolving and still is.
I have not heard of the influence that lacrosse had on the hockey game but I cannot rule it out either. I am by no way any authority on hockey so anything I have posted above just came about from many discussions about the game among enthusiasts that may have been influenced by a liberal amount of spirits having been consumed.
Pioneerguy600

A guy wanted me to ship a saw to Canada. He wanted me to declare its value less than selling price. Any of you guys ever do this? Also how do you describe the saw on the paper work? Both declaring a lesser value and describing the saw as something else is giving false info. Of course its against the rules to even ship a saw, but if its aired out good I don't see how it can be that hazardous.

Last edited:
....................Of course its against the rules to even ship a saw, but if its aired out good I don't see how it can be that hazardous.

I am not sure what makes you think it is illegal to ship a saw. It is an engine just like any other engine. When it goes in the box it is disassembled in several pieces. It is then nothing more that simply engine parts. When the person in Canada receives it they have to assemble/repair it. It is now "engine parts for repair". I describe saws as "engine parts for repair" and I see nothing immoral or illegal about it.

Bill

Try getting 'em to ship to NZ. Most yanks know next to nothing about life outside their red, white and blue bubble. The few US. ebayers that have heard of NZ still think we little people live in shires, have big hairy feet, and chase golden rings up and down our sparkly, untouched natural wonderland. Either that or we spend our time weaving grass skirts, eating the neighbours, or shagging sheep.

"For christ sake before anyone else goes off the deep end... I can't imagine going to the political forum, chainsaw is dramatic enough. "

there has to be some gas left in this tank, surely?

:hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
The post office here in the US gets nervous when something that has gasoline in it is shipped through them....

And as far as shipping overseas, it has to go priority to get the delivery confirmation.

Try getting 'em to ship to NZ. Most yanks know next to nothing about life outside their red, white and blue bubble. The few US. ebayers that have heard of NZ still think we little people live in shires, have big hairy feet, and chase golden rings up and down our sparkly, untouched natural wonderland. Either that or we spend our time weaving grass skirts, eating the neighbours, or shagging sheep.

"For christ sake before anyone else goes off the deep end... I can't imagine going to the political forum, chainsaw is dramatic enough. "

there has to be some gas left in this tank, surely?

:hmm3grin2orange:

Well disrespectful comments like yours REALLY want me to ship there.

BY THE WAY

I did 2 weeks ago:censored:

Bill

Well disrespectful comments like yours REALLY want me to ship there.

BY THE WAY

I did 2 weeks ago:censored:

Bill

*note to Toyota USA* This here jalopy will return better MPG figures than any generation Prius, just you wait and see.:smile2:

A guy wanted me to ship a saw to Canada. He wanted me to declare its value less than selling price. Any of you guys ever do this? Also how do you describe the saw on the paper work? Both declaring a lesser value and describing the saw as something else is giving false info. Of course its against the rules to even ship a saw, but if its aired out good I don't see how it can be that hazardous.

He wants to save money on the tax that will be due when it crosses the border , it's another 15% in my province , buy the time you add shipping , duties if any and taxes what started out as a good deal gets not so good so he's just trying to save a buck where he can .

Nothing. Nothing at all. Move right along, Mr. Noth'n to see here.:bang:

Do you have something productive to add or are you just wanting to be disrespectful? Why are you banging your head against the wall? Is it because you realize that your post make no sense?

Bill

Back