Should have just dropped it and left.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had been planing on transplanting some seeding trees for this time of year.
Extreame cold snap sort of put the dampers on that not that I am afraid of the cold but I couldn't figure out how to keep the roots of thre seedlings from freezeing once I dug them and tried to transport them.

So go to plan B, start cutting next winters fire wood Like I usually wait till january to do.
we got 8 inches of snow Monday so is hard to see what lays under the snow.
I drop a dead Ash and start blocking it up all is going well till block #4 and the chain started doing The cresent moon curve. Well that put the brakes on that job as I had the chain break on the CS 400 Echo and had not brought a second chain for either saw. I also had not taken my timber jack. As I said should have just let it lay till latter in the summer.

But that frozen wood splits so easy. I was makingt hay while it was colder that well you add the word.

:D Al

The worst day in the woods has been better than some of the best days at work.

Been fighting with some year old cottonwood lately, anything that was touching the ground is piss wet yet, going to have to noodle it because neither of my splitters will touch it because we aren't quite frozen here yet (and its tougher than elm crotches and squirts everywhere) and I don't want to wait for it to freeze in January.

QUICK ROBIN TO THE NOODLEMOBILE!

It has been cold but not cold enough long enough to make safe ice so I cut wood & split it.

tomorrow I start fire arm deer hunting.

:D Al

Back