should i or shouldn't i

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just start a dedicated fund. Separate from your other saw money. Acquire, fix and flip enough small saws, you can eventually get the 395.

Conversely, do it with firewood. Sell enough cords, get new big saw.

already have a fund going,,,, around here firewood doesn't sell to good,,, the best you can get is 35 a rick even for hard wood

I watch your "You Suck" Pawnshop threads. If you stayed out of the pawnshop for 2 months you'd have the money for a 395 by Christmas. Conversly, buying those quick flip saws can help you get to you goal a few dollars at a time. That said- keep the 395 as a goal. Im kinda in the same boat as a few others- I want a BP655 more than any other saw but I run my saws alot and I dont want anything that I have to search for parts for. Im starting to move towards more "Modern" Interest. That 603 is a beautiful saw. You could probalby start your search for the "maintenance parts" now for when you need them. If you take care of your stuff there is no reason that saw shouldn't last. I know you were really proud of it when you got it- might should hold onto it. It's not like letting a Stihl 660 go (that can be replaced). You may never see another 603 like that for the rest of your life. I'd hate to have to make that decision myself. Also, I bet since you threw this out here before the GTG..... somebodies gonna make you an offer this weekend.:rock:

I watch your "You Suck" Pawnshop threads. If you stayed out of the pawnshop for 2 months you'd have the money for a 395 by Christmas. Conversly, buying those quick flip saws can help you get to you goal a few dollars at a time. That said- keep the 395 as a goal. Im kinda in the same boat as a few others- I want a BP655 more than any other saw but I run my saws alot and I dont want anything that I have to search for parts for. Im starting to move towards more "Modern" Interest. That 603 is a beautiful saw. You could probalby start your search for the "maintenance parts" now for when you need them. If you take care of your stuff there is no reason that saw shouldn't last. I know you were really proud of it when you got it- might should hold onto it. It's not like letting a Stihl 660 go (that can be replaced). You may never see another 603 like that for the rest of your life. I'd hate to have to make that decision myself. Also, I bet since you threw this out here before the GTG..... somebodies gonna make you an offer this weekend.:rock:

parts are to find that's for sure,,,,,, I got the feeling when people run it this weekend they will fall in love with it too,,,,, its a sweet saw,,, but I think the majority rules on this one,,, keep it and scrape my pennies for a nice or new 395xp,, I do enough business in the shop I should have the money in about 4 months or so

I would look at it like this. 603 parts down the road let alone even now are hard to find. 395 parts down the road for rebuild will still be there. JMO

This is the reasoning I used to get me to a 395 rather than a 2100. Although, now that I have the 395 I find that I really don't "need" it.

Everyone knows scott could get by with an earthquake. This is a CAD moment at it's best :rock: think of how many earthquakes you could buy with those funds instead scott. You wouldn't even have to do any maintenance. Just dispose of it and grab a new one.

Everyone knows scott could get by with an earthquake. This is a CAD moment at it's best :rock: think of how many earthquakes you could buy with those funds instead scott. You wouldn't even have to do any maintenance. Just dispose of it and grab a new one.

:msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back