Should I strangle my wife & neighbour? (its not what you think)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigbadbob

bigbadbob

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
My wife knows better than to loan out my stuff. I have and will fall trees for a neighbor to help them out, but they don't touch my saws.
My wife did the loan out my saw yrs ago,,, she knows better now,, 30+yrs later.
And then it was my only saw,, I could not afford another.
And am still friends with the borrower till I moved.
He is/was not the kinda guy you want to loan a saw to.
Saw was fine,,

user 122190
My wife knows better than to loan out my stuff. I have and will fall trees for a neighbor to help them out, but they don't touch my saws.

I'll let my neighbors run my saw, but I am there hovering over them. Just to much money and time put into saws to be loaning them out, unsupervised to the uninitiated.

John Lyngdal

John Lyngdal

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have a similar, but less tragic story. I brought several of my reed valve Homelites to a GTG to cut donuts and let others give it a try.
I run my classic saw slightly rich at WOT as replacement pistons and cylinders are getting to be like Hen's teeth.
I let a 30 something participant give the saw a try, and to my amazement he whips out a screwdriver to adjust the high set because it wasn't generating the RPMs he thought it should. :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2:
No damage was done, and I learned a valuable lesson in that moment.

ToxicGasCan

ToxicGasCan

ArboristSite Lurker
keep the good stuff locked up. Loan out the beater saws
She definitely won't be doing it again -
But I mean comon , I had several plastic-crappy saws on the counter , a Blinky BMS40 , a Husqy 120 MarkII , 2 no-name brand chinese saws , and the 070S
What did she take? the 070S dammit , only 'cause it has a longer bar and the man wanted to fell a pine -
Had a talk with her when I got back home obviously, she wasn't aware of how much I cared about that Alpina , I care about that saw just as much as my 60s/70s guitars! She just wasn't aware that our neighbour is "dumber than a box of rocks - belly to boot"

Due to the fact that I've got way too much S#!t on my plate , I haven't got much time to dedicate myself to this saw , so my little neighbour will have to give me fresh cash until I'll be lucky enough to find a guy that's selling an Alpina 070S , I mean , I have a CastorC70S which is practically the same saw , different colour - but I'm picky

ToxicGasCan

ToxicGasCan

ArboristSite Lurker
I have a similar, but less tragic story. I brought several of my reed valve Homelites to a GTG to cut donuts and let others give it a try.
I run my classic saw slightly rich at WOT as replacement pistons and cylinders are getting to be like Hen's teeth.
I let a 30 something participant give the saw a try, and to my amazement he whips out a screwdriver to adjust the high set because it wasn't generating the RPMs he thought it should. :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2:
No damage was done, and I learned a valuable lesson in that moment.

What's up with strangers fiddling around with other people's saws these days?

lone wolf
Well considering the fact that the saw hasn't got a proper chain brake , and it weights a ton , you're probably right , I could of ended up in big trouble - still that was the only saw I truly cherished with all of my heart , at least I'm alive gents - for now

Rage-texting my wife over the phone , sheesh - its gonna be a looong day -
If I need spare parts , he's 100% paying for 'em , already agreed , and the spare parts for my saw DON'T come cheap :)
Dont get divorced over it man! Simmer down a bit.

lone wolf
She definitely won't be doing it again -
But I mean comon , I had several plastic-crappy saws on the counter , a Blinky BMS40 , a Husqy 120 MarkII , 2 no-name brand chinese saws , and the 070S
What did she take? the 070S dammit , only 'cause it has a longer bar and the man wanted to fell a pine -
Had a talk with her when I got back home obviously, she wasn't aware of how much I cared about that Alpina , I care about that saw just as much as my 60s/70s guitars! She just wasn't aware that our neighbour is "dumber than a box of rocks - belly to boot"

Due to the fact that I've got way too much S#!t on my plate , I haven't got much time to dedicate myself to this saw , so my little neighbour will have to give me fresh cash until I'll be lucky enough to find a guy that's selling an Alpina 070S , I mean , I have a CastorC70S which is practically the same saw , different colour - but I'm picky
Guitars baby, now we are talking. Strat's Tele's and Le Paul's?

BangBang77

BangBang77

The chair is against the wall...
Hmmm. My wife wouldn't loan out anything in my shop to anyone, especially a neighbor. She wouldn't load one of my saws or other 2 smoke equipment out to anyone on this planet, including my son.

Someone wants to borrow a saw or trimmer or any other 2 smoke stuff? Not a problem, but it comes with an operator as well.

Latest posts