Side and back lean

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you'll need to get your main puller rope way up last 3/4 height get in a courageous front scaff then add as much weight pull as practical get the tree setting over and tie that rope off . Then add a side pulling rope to main line hooked to 4x4 that will start pulling as you begin slow steady back cut this will keep it all going the way you need.. Good comms with your 4x4 driver is critical a few wedges may help too and good luck these trick task dont always work as hoped

Q? how your going to get line up throw bag or climb

What about the Masdaam? Is that not enough power?
That depends how high you can get it. The higher the better, up to the point where the tree is too weak to hold the tension. Too low and you won't have enough leverage. Do you have a way to get a rope in it? Also, hard to tell but it appears as if there may be trees and/or branches in the way in the direction you intend to fell it. Is that correct?

That depends how high you can get it. The higher the better, up to the point where the tree is too weak to hold the tension. Too low and you won't have enough leverage. Do you have a way to get a rope in it? Also, hard to tell but it appears as if there may be trees and/or branches in the way in the direction you intend to fell it. Is that correct?
Intend on using a ladder and a telescopic pole which should get me up 50 feet. But, i am honestly questioning whether I should attempt this at all.

you'll need to get your main puller rope way up last 3/4 height get in a courageous front scaff then add as much weight pull as practical get the tree setting over and tie that rope off . Then add a side pulling rope to main line hooked to 4x4 that will start pulling as you begin slow steady back cut this will keep it all going the way you need.. Good comms with your 4x4 driver is critical a few wedges may help too and good luck these trick task dont always work as hoped

Q? how your going to get line up throw bag or climb
Ladder and telescopic pole.

Intend on using a ladder and a telescopic pole which should get me up 50 feet. But, i am honestly questioning whether I should attempt this at all.
Might be best to just have someone put it on the ground for you if you're not entirely confident about it. I sure wouldn't want to be trying to get a rope that high using a ladder, and I've been doing this for a couple decades. I'd probably just spike up and set the rope right where I want it. Throwline might be an option but that can be more hassle than it's worth with lots of small branches to work through.

Might be best to just have someone put it on the ground for you if you're not entirely confident about it. I sure wouldn't want to be trying to get a rope that high using a ladder, and I've been doing this for a couple decades. I'd probably just spike up and set the rope right where I want it. Throwline might be an option but that can be more hassle than it's worth with lots of small branches to work through.
How much would you charge to put a tree like that on the ground?

How much would you charge to put a tree like that on the ground?
Assuming I could put a rope in and pull it directly backwards with a block and tackle or redirect to a pickup without it hanging up in the other trees behind it, probably $250ish (USD). Would take less than a 45 min, if all those criteria were met. Impossible to tell for certain from pics. What I would charge is sort of irrelevant though. Prices vary wildly depending on location, and I mean giant differences, like 50-500%.

Assuming I could put a rope in and pull it directly backwards with a block and tackle or redirect to a pickup without it hanging up in the other trees behind it, probably $250ish (USD). Would take less than a 45 min, if all those criteria were met. Impossible to tell for certain from pics. What I would charge is sort of irrelevant though. Prices vary wildly depending on location, and I mean giant differences, like 50-500%.
I see. 250 is a steal. In Greater Toronto Area people won't even look at you for 250. House prices have gone through the roof in the last 12 years. For 250 even 450 it would be a no brainer.

I see. 250 is a steal. In Greater Toronto Area people won't even look at you for 250. House prices have gone through the roof in the last 12 years. For 250 even 450 it would be a no brainer.
Yup. Course, to be fair, $250 USD is around $325 or so, CAD (I think?). Might want to get a price or two.

The problem is the species. That wood wont hinge long so you need speed to pull it over. Get a rope high in it and down the back side of the tree. Tie it just above the cut height. If you make several wraps you can prevent injury from a barber chair. Apply weight to the rope but do not preload the tree. Notch and back cut. Leave a 2" thick hinge. Put a few wedges in. Dont pound these deep. You do not want to bust any fibers yet. Get on the machine that is pulling it over. Pull it over quickly. Thats how I would drop it. Or go up the tree and dismantle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is the species. That wood wont hinge long so you need speed to pull it over. Get a rope high in it and down the back side of the tree. Tie it just above the cut height. If you make several wraps you can prevent injury from a barber chair. Apply weight to the rope but do not preload the tree. Notch and back cut. Leave a 2" thick hinge. Put a few wedges in. Dont pound these deep. You do not want to bust any fibers yet. Get on the machine that is pulling it over. Pull it over quickly. Thats how I would drop it. Or go up the tree and dismantle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your help. Can I wrap the tree with straps and pull just from the front?

Latest posts

Back