siezed engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andrew I would pick up about three cans of penetrating oil and soak the crap out of that cylinder for like three days, and then lightly try to pound it loose with a block and hammer. Be sure to check the crank too because if the cylinder is rusted then the bottom end probably will be too. Also some heat via propane torch may give enough relief to free her up, just dont set the penetrating oil on fire! :D

right now i have one of the saws soaking with a solution of 1 part CLR to 10 parts water. i was told that so i figured that i would give it a shot but i will try a few different approaches on the siezed saws and see which works out the best and i will let you guys know how the expiermentation works out.

a homelite 707, homelite 26 LCS, wright rebel, a mono, and a techumsech go kart engine 2-stroke. those are the ailing ones at the time. got most of teh saws given to me cause they were siezed but i hope that i can bring them back to their glory. th mono is missing the fly wheel so i don't think i will do much with it cept let it hang about the doorway fo my shop like it is right now as a converstion piece. but i will try to get the other ones a going.

I have always liked a product called 'P B Blaster'. Excellent penetrating fluid. Available at any auto parts store.

I would second the Blaster- works on everything-rusty,crusty stump grinder nether regions, hit and miss engines, lug nuts, anything you would think there's no hope for comes right apart.

Latest posts

Back