Silvey 510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abohac

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I know that there have been a million threads on this subject but I just have to run my mouth a little about Sivey grinders. I just had the chance to grind and then use for a substantial amount of time (probably went through 2 gallon of fuel). I was using a 2171 J-red and a 395 Husky and could not believe what an edge it put on my chains. I know, someone is going to write and tell me if I was a real man I'd use a file. My answer to whoever writes: You file, I'll grind! If you have more money than brains ( I'm not sure I have either) buy one of these things. Kind of a crude looking thing but the folks at Silvey have this game figured out. Ok I'll quit. All those of you who can file better, get writing.

I have had a 510 for quite a while and it works pretty well with a blue ceramic wheel. The stock resin one runs hot and slow in my opinion.

Truth be told I could get a slightly better edge with a file, but not by much and so for my semi chisel I happily use the 510.

All the Silvey stuff is way overpriced, especially my Pro Sharp. But especially with the Pro Sharp, Silvey has no just no competition.

I have had a 510 for quite a while and it works pretty well with a blue ceramic wheel. The stock resin one runs hot and slow in my opinion.

Truth be told I could get a slightly better edge with a file, but not by much and so for my semi chisel I happily use the 510.

All the Silvey stuff is way overpriced, especially my Pro Sharp. But especially with the Pro Sharp, Silvey has no just no competition.

Yep I sure agree but you must file better than me. I seem to get one side but not the other side. I really agree on the over-priced stuff but I kinda figure an American is building them (I think) which makes me feel a little better.

Latest posts

Back