Silvey HDG-6

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coastalfaller

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has or knows of someone who wants to sell a Silvey HDG-6 depth gauge grinder? I'd be looking to grab a few if so. PM me with any details. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Long time no see. I don't know of any leads on any myself. If you've checked with all the big west coast shops like Baileys and Madsens then I don't know any one else that might still have them.

Long time no see. I don't know of any leads on any myself. If you've checked with all the big west coast shops like Baileys and Madsens then I don't know any one else that might still have them.

Thanks, yeah it's been pretty busy lately. Hope all is well!

Good to see you back on here. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Thanks, Bob, I appreciate it...on both counts! Been swamped, running around the whole Coast all year so far! How's things down there?

Thanks, Bob, I appreciate it...on both counts! Been swamped, running around the whole Coast all year so far! How's things down there?

Things are good. I'm helping a friend of mine with his first timber sale. My semi retired status is still safe...I"m not there every day. Mostly I'm just setting the fallers, marking roads, flagging skid trails, running a Cat occasionally, building landings, grading haul roads, loading once in awhile, and cutting a few boundary corners out before the fallers start .
Actually, I spend more time in the pickup than anywhere else. That's getting to be my favorite place. :laugh:

Things are good. I'm helping a friend of mine with his first timber sale. My semi retired status is still safe...I"m not there every day. Mostly I'm just setting the fallers, marking roads, flagging skid trails, running a Cat occasionally, building landings, grading haul roads, loading once in awhile, and cutting a few boundary corners out before the fallers start .
Actually, I spend more time in the pickup than anywhere else. That's getting to be my favorite place. :laugh:

Haha! Sounds perfect! Need another hand down there? Sign me up!

dang Bob, retired don't sound so bad. you doin plenty, want another job? :msp_biggrin:

Haha! Sounds perfect! Need another hand down there? Sign me up!

Well, I hear rumors of another little job, just a couple of million feet, starting the end of this month. The "pick-up sitting" position is already filled though.

I think the whole crew will probably stay if we're lucky. They're a good bunch. You know the kind...just give them their work and leave 'em alone to do it.

One of these days I'd like to come up there and watch how you guys do things.

That sounds like a good job Bob. I wish I had time to come watch a good operation work.

Well, I hear rumors of another little job, just a couple of million feet, starting the end of this month. The "pick-up sitting" position is already filled though.

I think the whole crew will probably stay if we're lucky. They're a good bunch. You know the kind...just give them their work and leave 'em alone to do it.

You bet, I was thinking the same thing. I was down there about 8 years ago, but didn't know any of you guys then. I think another trip is in order!

And actually I'm feeling the need to get out of the pick up more! ;)

i know where a couple are, but they get used. and if one is let go you will be put on the list.:msp_wink:

Latest posts

Back