SILVEY SDM-4 Grinder manual?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lblac36315

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey All,
I found out today that I have a local sharpening shop that square ground a 25" loop of RS for me for $5 (normaly charges $4 for up to 20"). Did a great job at a great price. I tipped him $5, he let me watch and explained as he went. The man bought his grinder used and doesn't have a manual for it. Can anyone tell me where I can help him get one?
I can't wait to cut with this chain. I've never had a loop of square grind. Will be a good test for the newly mildly modified 056AV. Thanks to Dozers' recomendations and knowledge, that he so unselfishly advised and shared with me. Thanks Dan, everything went as you said.
Thanks to All, Lee

Call Silvey Or Madsen`s, they will send you a good copy and likely free of charge.

Russ

HELP!

I called madsens and found out that they don't have manual for this grinder any longer. But there is a setup sheet available. They gave me a phone number for Silvey. I have called at least a dozen times and have only gotten a busy signal. I suspect it may be a bad number. Does anyone have a number to Silvey or possibly the setup sheet I'm looking for?

BTW, tested the 056 today on a 20" dead Blackjack, HOLY SMOKES.....My first with square ground chain and a larger saw. I thought my 028 Super was pretty fast, but this thing ROCKS!!! Unfortunately I ran out of tree before I had had my fill. Cut up about 12' into 2" cookies. Wooden stepping stones for eveyone!
Thanks, Lee

Lee, I will find the number for you that worked a month or so ago. I don`t have it with me but when I go home I will get it. They have been very accomodating for me.

Russ

Hi Lee, try this number for Silvey, 541-734-4118. Let me know if it doesn`t work, I may have other means of contacting them.

Russ

Back