Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's a rocket!!!!! just like mine!!! Nice work buddy!!!

Cheers And hey BTW,,,,,, what is wrong with a good shot of 12 year old Single Malt Glenfiddich Special Reserve Scotch Wiskey???

Cheers bro,,, I am on Tank 33,,,,
Of fuel or Glenfiddich Rick? lol, You coming for another visit in the summer?

Thanks SawinR for posting those, first one is my first 372 done by Simon and before anyone gives me a hard time I do not run a chain that loose as a rule the truth is I didn't notice till I had done that vid !
Yes Simon you can be sure it will be run hard but not put away wet !!

I noticed the loose chain, thought maybe Simonized saws ran so strong normal chain tension would rip the clutch drum off the saw :laugh:.

Of fuel or Glenfiddich Rick? lol, You coming for another visit in the summer?

Both!!!!!! LOLOL!!!!! maybe sooner than that!!!!

I noticed the loose chain, thought maybe Simonized saws ran so strong normal chain tension would rip the clutch drum off the saw :laugh:.

Chris there is some merit to your thought process,,,, I wouldnt go quite that far but I will tell you this,,, We have been getting quite a bit of tree work lately due to the drought,, from drought stressed tree die off,,,

My nephew and I were bucking up some 38-40" oak and I had a 28" reduced weight oregon Bar on my Simonized 372 and my nephew couldnt believe how bad my saw was kicking his stock MS460 with a 30" B&C,,

So I relented & let him run it,,, He didnt want to give it back!!! He was over crowding the #### out of the saw trying to slow It down,,, I wish I would have had a video cam,,, Well he finally pushed too hard and flexed the bar finishing out a round and threw the chain,,,, I could'nt believe it didnt break the tank,,,, It took me twenty minutes to dress all of the burrs and gouges off of the drivers today,,,, I couldnt get literally 1/4 of the chain to run smooth in the bar groove :bang: :bang: :bang: it must have wrecked 15-20 of them,,, Needless to say he wont be running it any more,,,,,

I told him if he want's to run one I know where he can get one of his own!!!!

Last edited:
Well a good friend of mine has recently purchased a Simonized 372(3rd hand and had to work for it's keep to date),i've only tried it briefly and in the dark but i have to say it was fantastic!!!i picked up a 394 recently and the 372 feels like it would kick it ass..we will try both together for the craic,maby this wk end, i'm very impressed Simon

Simon,

Are the non-strato versions of the 372XP still impossible to find as NOS? What was the last year they sold them in the US?

EDIT: Sorry....I just noticed that Simon covered this back at post 1016. I typed too soon.

Last edited:
Well I've got 15/16 tanks through my new 372 and it's bedding in well. It makes light work of work !! Spent most of today in a cherrypicker section felling a Holm ( evergreen ) Oak which is a hard dense wood that seems to just suck the oil off the bar and the 372 just kept showing it who the boss was.

But for the heated handles and carb it would not been much fun today ! Im due some divine guidence for the next three days as Im working in a convent...back to serious falling next week up in the North putting down some big hairy Monteray Cypress.

But for the heated handles and carb it would not been much fun today ! Im due some divine guidence for the next three days as Im working in a convent...back to serious falling next week up in the North putting down some big hairy Monteray Cypress.

Ship all that cypress over here and I'll mill it! l:msp_rolleyes:

Well I've got 15/16 tanks through my new 372 and it's bedding in well. It makes light work of work !! Spent most of today in a cherrypicker section felling a Holm ( evergreen ) Oak which is a hard dense wood that seems to just suck the oil off the bar and the 372 just kept showing it who the boss was.

That looks like our Live Oak or heritage oak (evergreen) here,,,,,

is the wood grain kinda zig zaggy????

Dave what length is that Tsumura bar???

Ric, it's a 36" Tsu on the 390 running full comp chain I'll be putting a 28" on the 372. The grain is like you describe and has a darker pepper type effect running through it so I suspect we are talking about the same thing or very close !

On a side note when I received the new 372 from Simon I noticed that the air filter was of a different type, it is a very fine nylon mesh enclosing a fibre element as opposed to the more felt like filter I have on my other Huskys anyone have any opions on it ? I'll get a pic later.

Well a good friend of mine has recently purchased a Simonized 372(3rd hand and had to work for it's keep to date),i've only tried it briefly and in the dark but i have to say it was fantastic!!!i picked up a 394 recently and the 372 feels like it would kick it ass..we will try both together for the craic,maby this wk end, i'm very impressed Simon

Chainsaw challenge.mp4 - YouTube

Not great i'm afraid,not very well set up,my chain was a disaster and i found it very difficult to control with the 72 blasting in my ear:laugh::laugh: but the Simon seventytwo did win (He slowed towards end so not to make a complete show of me rolling around the ground with my saw stuck in a lump of beech:laugh::laugh: ) i have another chain with standard rakers,just need to add a link, so will try this next time,will be close i'm sure but i would not put money on my 94

On a side note when I received the new 372 from Simon I noticed that the air filter was of a different type, it is a very fine nylon mesh enclosing a fibre element as opposed to the more felt like filter I have on my other Huskys anyone have any opions on it ? I'll get a pic later.

That would be the winter air filter, since you got the heated model, it would come with the winter air filter kit. It won't ice up like a flocked filter. If its not freezing out then you may want to put the heavy duty flocked one on.

Dave.

The flock filter is definately better for almost any situation. A dull chain is the worst enemy for any air filter though. Not an issue with you guys I'm sure.

Yes I'm with you on that, already changed to a flocked type. Im on around 28 + tanks now and getting great work out of the saw. A couple of pics of my 372 where it belongs, in the wood !

Latest posts

Back