Skid plates for ATV's in the woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlieh

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi, I run a 06 honda rubicon in the woods and on farms for spraying, spreading, skidding bits of timber out on a logging arch, and have just got a 2300lb winch for it, which will be mated to an industrial wireless remote, as will the winch on my timber trailer,

anyway im getting a bit worried about tearing about in brash and felled areas and the risk of smashing up something on the underside of my bike so i wondered if anyone out there had skid plated fitted and if so what make and any feedback on them, i have been looking at the complete kits cabelas sell as they seem to have very good feedback.

many thanks

Charlie

Look up a company called OMF. The used to have a line of ATV skidplates they called the Rockcrusher. I can personally vouch for them as being bombproof. I cross country raced for a few years and never tore one off. Anybody I ran with that put on anything else ended up with scrapmetal if it was still attached to the machine. The only other guy I know that was harder on wheelers than me was my bro and his is still intact.

Last edited:
ah cheers, its only a $10 difference and as i have a load of other gear im going to want to import from them it would help with shipping, its for a 06 rubicon

thanks

Charlie

Latest posts

Back