skidder near miss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What am i doing wrong then. I have clicked on the thing bout 20 times. Still dont work for me. Sorry.:bang:

Right click the link and choose "save link as" or "save target as" and you will download the mp4. Then you can open it using VLC or Windows Media Player.

hi Jacob, is there something I could have done to make it easier? I'm not very good with puters. thanks

Tramp, if your asking about the problem with the skidder, it was a rookie operator got to close to the edge. (grandson of owner) I have another of him setting out, I was going to post if I can find an easy way.

that dozer is a 650g. I think a 1990 or 91.

not sure what you mean by "tower ground"

oh that's a red oak.

Last edited:
Thats how we log on the coast . Because its a good hillside .you'de have good deflection , lift .
Set up the yarder near or at the top of the unit and yard all the logs to the landing . Even a Yoder works good in that isze timber . .
Where you set up the yarder has to do with your truck road and the truck road has to do with deflection so you can do your loggin without draggin logs on the ground ..
Google Tower Logging , youtube vids .

oh I see, truck roads here are a prob, just setting a landing that you can get a truck to near impossible. I'll try to post more pics that show what I mean by that.

Back