skip VS full house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Westboastfaller

Westboastfaller

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
My Lord, if this to be your wish for you to have me bushel in a co-op with another Faller then please can you to send to me a superior man with the greatest physical attributes, greater endurance, smarter and a will that can not be broke as my time is limited.
Must I remind you.. I'm here to log eh, not f_ck the dog eh?

northmanlogging
But on a more serious note, if you've got the power but chip clearance is becoming an issue, do you go with skip 3/8 or full comp .404?
Full comp .404 is hard to get around here... not many big block saws in regular use, so cause of that 3/8 is available just about anywhere.

For me to get .404 full comp I'd have to special order a half or full roll of chain, and since I might burn up one .404 chain every 3 years, not really worth it

Dennisthemenace

Dennisthemenace

ArboristSite Operative
This :rolleyes:.

Wide open on the boring :yes:.

Nice only doing half the cutters, and even nicer only doing half the rakers!
I still run standard for most cutting since I have a lot of them around.
Full skip has a 3rd less cutters, not a half less, ie a 66dl bar (18 inch 3/8 stihl) has 22 cutters skip compared to 33 full comp. It's what I use when cutting in the dirt, quick to sharpen, quick to chuck away