Sledrat's Greasey Lil Chainsaw thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't have to ask.

I'm three weeks post op now. I'm not quite ready for the whole forum to know, but between you me and fencepost I think I'm going to be Jessica.

I'm all about love, peace and compassion. It's the new me. The Jessica me. I love you guys. All of you.

Congratulations Jessica, the AS "Pics or it didn't happen" rule has been suspended just for you.

Congratulations Jessica, the AS "Pics or it didn't happen" rule has been suspended just for you.

Thanks.

But, rules are rules.
mustache.jpg

Y-M-C-A------ not that there is anything wrong with that . You guys certainly can make an old man laugh! :yoyo::yoyo: Something good has come from this after all.

I'm working up to that Dan.

Decided to do the bottom end work first. Get the crank case swapped out, new aftermarket bearings. I decided to use those cheap chinese seals, so I hope they work ok. The crank modifications were the hardest part, but now all the tricky stuff is done.

Just need to swap jugs, clean all the scruffy junk off and apply new decals now. That's the easy part. Anyone can change top ends, but it takes a real man to do the bottom end work.

Once it's all done I'm switching to 20:1 mix. I'm worried about keeping all the new parts lubed during break in, and I feel it's the safest way. If I foul a plug or two, well then that's ok. Plugs are cheap, but trust me new bearings are not.

Hi Nik.

I don't want folks thinking sledrat was abnormal. All Canadians are in fact bat crap crazy. This should help him feel included. That's important for self esteem, and I am here to support him for his return. Just want to set the proper tone, ya know?

This forum needs a makeover. We need to bring back the bromance.

Hi Nik.

I don't want folks thinking sledrat was abnormal. All Canadians are in fact bat crap crazy. This should help him feel included. That's important for self esteem, and I am here to support him for his return. Just want to set the proper tone, ya know?

This forum needs a makeover. We need to bring back the bromance.

...and I know just the place for it. Stand by for transfer. :D

All it took was admitting to being a post op tranny. Too easy. Next time I'll have find some way to work in some sheep.

I'm working up to that Dan.

Decided to do the bottom end work first. Get the crank case swapped out, new aftermarket bearings. I decided to use those cheap chinese seals, so I hope they work ok. The crank modifications were the hardest part, but now all the tricky stuff is done.

Just need to swap jugs, clean all the scruffy junk off and apply new decals now. That's the easy part. Anyone can change top ends, but it takes a real man to do the bottom end work.

Once it's all done I'm switching to 20:1 mix. I'm worried about keeping all the new parts lubed during break in, and I feel it's the safest way. If I foul a plug or two, well then that's ok. Plugs are cheap, but trust me new bearings are not.

Do not forget to swap your johnson rod with a canooter valve.

You don't have to ask.

I'm three weeks post op now. I'm not quite ready for the whole forum to know, but between you me and fencepost I think I'm going to be Jessica.

I'm all about love, peace and compassion. It's the new me. The Jessica me. I love you guys. All of you.

I may regret this request, morbid curiosity I guess, but here it goes, PICTURES!

That's twice now that I've been sent to OTF.

The weird thing is now I REALLY want to start wearing a bicycle helmet.

You didn't get sent to Off Topic, the whole thread was sent there. :laugh:

I figured that the guys in the Chainsaw forum might enjoy the forum more if there were a few more saw related posts and less of, well, whatever this thread became. Little things like staying at least close to the intent of the forum seem to make people happier. Mostly.

I left a redirect that expires after the OP returns from camp so he can find it easier. If he wants to.

And that bike helmet thing? We advise them...but they're optional.

Back