Slow start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at Krogers yesterday and they were almost sold out of firewood. . . but they had it on special. Buy two bundles for $11.99 and get the third bundle FREE. The bundles had 3 to 5 splits be bundle. I would have stocked up, but I grabbed one of those smaller shopping carts :( on a positive note it is on special all week while.supplies last!

I was at Krogers yesterday and they were almost sold out of firewood. . . but they had it on special. Buy two bundles for $11.99 and get the third bundle FREE. The bundles had 3 to 5 splits be bundle. I would have stocked up, but I grabbed one of those smaller shopping carts :( on a positive note it is on special all week while.supplies last!
You are pulling my leg right??

I bet he's only kidding about stocking up himself, not the price.
Well yeah...he would be the only guy in here (I would venture to say) who has ever bought bundled wood.

Well, how much do you have left? Haven't seen an update for a couple weeks. Is the temp cooling down in your area enough to spur any demand?

Well, how much do you have left? Haven't seen an update for a couple weeks. Is the temp cooling down in your area enough to spur any demand?
It has definitely picked up a lot recently. Every time I check my phone I have some sort of inquiry about firewood whether it be a facebook message, a text, or a phone call. I have about 15 cords going out this weekend - a lot of half cord deliveries which are just a pain in the rear to me anymore. Including this weekend, I will have moved about 45 cords in the last 3 weekends. If I had to guess, I would say I have maybe 45 cords left.

I have a 1 cord min for deliveries. Even that can be a pain. Like last night I drove about 100 miles round trip to deliver a cord. Charged $74 for delivery (47 miles)

I have a 1 cord min for deliveries. Even that can be a pain. Like last night I drove about 100 miles round trip to deliver a cord. Charged $74 for delivery (47 miles)

I got asked about supplying a couple more parks with bundles starting next year, but it's the whole thing about transporting/stocking the places that has me concerned. I can get the supply no problem, I'm really worried that I'll get a call at the last minute and have to be on the road for 2 hrs. because they sold out the day after I had it stocked full. No different than anybody else's worries for sure.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG withy the unseasonable temps we had, firewood was the farthest thing on most peoples minds! "NOW" it's a different story with the worst fall blizzard we have seen in probably ten years. calls for wood are piling up along with the wet heavy snow(plowing jobs/clients) as well! double duty and profits all in one for this fun run while mother nature does her deed !! stay warm stay safe ! 2 cords waiting for delivery at 11 am this morning with no travel warnings... last pic is 2'+ of wet snow at the door and the worst is yet to come.

I got asked about supplying a couple more parks with bundles starting next year, but it's the whole thing about transporting/stocking the places that has me concerned. I can get the supply no problem, I'm really worried that I'll get a call at the last minute and have to be on the road for 2 hrs. because they sold out the day after I had it stocked full. No different than anybody else's worries for sure.

We sell to a local pizza joint that has wood fired ovens. It's a steady ~1.5 cords a month, but they constantly call at the very last minute, even when I've said I need at least 2 days notice, a week even better. They call sometimes like a 4pm with "we are out, don't have enough to make it through supper rush"

I've tried to get them to stock 3 cords and when they get down to a call for 2, but I guess that doesn't make sense. Dunno, if they don't have wood they are SOL, seems like being ahead a bit on wood would be very smart.

I'm glad I don't have to travel the distances some of you do to sell wood. After 10 miles it's more and generally after 20 miles I just say no.

That's the biggie right now, 40 miles 1 way to these other parks. Is it really going to be worth the headache? Just not sure I want to get into this.

After deliveries today, I am in triple digits. Still have a decent amount to go.

Back