Slowp is retiring

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nw axe man

Post #17
Careful, Patty. I don't want these guys to think all in my current occupation are bad dudes. lol
As far as getting out of that one goes, it just comes down to being able to run when the time comes. That tree gave one big crack and started coming down. I've got the whole thing on video. Pretty impressive the way it sluiced over the stump.
I wanted to put a pic of a tree I fell up on the NF Cispus that had a lot of ash in the late 90s. How do you go about posting pics on this site? I see you've put some on there. I tried to imagine where you took the last two and it looked like up the Yellowjacket.
Are you going to be able to go to sleep tonite knowing that you're not going to work in the morning?

Aw come on! And right after your first Coos Bay? You've had some great stories and updates to share Patty. Whos going to keep us informed on daily logging activites up that way? Just kiddin. Glad to hear you'll be able to choose what weather you get to play in!

Post #17
Careful, Patty. I don't want these guys to think all in my current occupation are bad dudes. lol
As far as getting out of that one goes, it just comes down to being able to run when the time comes. That tree gave one big crack and started coming down. I've got the whole thing on video. Pretty impressive the way it sluiced over the stump.
I wanted to put a pic of a tree I fell up on the NF Cispus that had a lot of ash in the late 90s. How do you go about posting pics on this site? I see you've put some on there. I tried to imagine where you took the last two and it looked like up the Yellowjacket.
Are you going to be able to go to sleep tonite knowing that you're not going to work in the morning?

I have been told that I HAVE to go skiing if it is not raining up there

To post a picture, find ATTACHMENTS at the bottom of the page here. Or down a bit anyway. Click on manage attachments. That takes you to a file upload thing that is kind of an album.

You'll need to shrink your pictures down to less than 300? kbps?
Then click on the Add Files in the upper right hand corner. Then on Select Files. That's where you browse and then click on your photo. When that is done, you click on Upload? files or what shows at the bottom of the little box. Then a little thumbnail appears. I believe you then click on a box that appears to the side about putting it in the message.

That will give a click on thingie in the message. To get it to post and show the picture, I open the new post and hit edit post. Then open the photo, copy the http address, close the photo and click on the insert image icon that is shown to the SW of the ABC check thing just above. That opens a thing where you paste the http address and you tell it OK and your picture should appear.

Confused yet?

178262d1301622772-bigsnagstump3length0001-jpg
This is the snag.

178263d1301622811-bigsnagstump10001-jpg

View attachment 178262
View attachment 178263

Last edited:
Congrats on your retirement Patty! I always watch for your posts! Now, take that "used dog" out and take some pictures of your countryside,,,,,when there isn't any fog! Haha!

Best wishes,,,,Bob

Retirement!!

Hey hun, Congratulations on a job well done!! After doing my 30 years at the Welfare office (sometimes felt like a sentence), I can tell ya retirement life is good. It took me a while for it to set in. At first it just felt like vacation, then it was "hum, now what do I do", then it gets into a routine of doing whatever you want whenever you want and then, it's like how did I ever fit work into all this stuff I do.

After 30 years enjoy your retirement and again Congratulations!

That pile of toothpicks looks awfully familiar. Thanks for the directions. I'll try to get to it tonite sometime and post the pic of the ash up on the NF of the Cispus.

Thanks again.

The first thing I did was get Twinkle ready to be handed off to the young'un who is willing to continue opening roads.

I plastered Hello Kitty stickers all over Twinkle. :)

He said he would keep them on. Unfortunately, they are not as sticky as the Acme Explosives stickers.

ya, a little late with your morn post.:laugh: . now go slushin.:msp_biggrin: just thought about it it's april fool's day. now your late for work. lol.

Last edited:
Congratulations from the Owl family. We hope you live a long full retirement life. Go tear it up you earned the right to do what ever you want from now on.

Hope to see ya at the GTG this year. Hope you will be able to fit it into your busy schedule.

Owl

Well people, the knees are screaming for ibuprofen. The skiing was springish...the snow leaning a bit towards slushy, the temperature was 40 on the coldest part of the hill, the sun was on and off, the wind very gusty, but that helped on the flats going with it, and the beers were tasty.

Day one was good. Very good.

Just remember...DO NOT GO TO WORK MONDAY. You don't do that anymore.

If you get bored you could come down here and ride herd on my group of volunteers. It doesn't pay anything but the fringe benefits are terrible, too. :laugh:

I got my first start-up call today. Things are drying out and they want some wood on the ground. No more semi-retirement for a while. Want me to call you real early in the morning, like logger early in the morning and remind you that you're retired?

Back