Smi projectwakerized 394 what to do ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtnman4ever

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have A Walkerized Husky 394 I got for nothing; as the person who gave it to got it n Ebay and she found out it was much to big for cutting cord wood and the trees she is comfortable with . I was having trouble with my MS 660 this was after having the Stihl guy do work on it that I was not comfortable doing and other BS for another post .

The thing is a beast it rips through anything in seemingl seconds I wil lhave to time it on some tough wood in the Northeast with a real sharp chain .I have being using andfind a few tngs the alleged mechanic starts on 1-3 3 pulls at most. Look great or a use dsaw. It has a Windsor 33 inch bar and came with a new full chisel chain and a bag of nuts to go onto the clutch cove . I was grateful and did the right thing told her I would fall a large 50 or so inches in Diameter Dangerous silver maple that was up rooted from a thunderstorm ove hanging hr equipmnet shed

.I have being using it and prefer it to any other saw , with my 575 in a close second . And find a few things that ngs the alleged mechanic starts on 1-3 3 pulls at most. Looks great for a used saw. It has a Windsor 33 inch bar and came with a new full chisel chain and a bag of nuts to go onto the clutch cove .
That beast is mpressive. I do not plan on going back to Stihl unless one is given to me .
I noticed right way it need a new plate on the clutch cover and on the powerhead 8 and change each at Bailelys you will not find them at most shops unless they carry a full Husky line and do a lot of work with pros .

Will have replace the little gasket that holds the chan tensioner in place I try to buy a bunch of small parts so I have them on hand.
I had the carburetor rebuilt. I am checking out the saw being careful and usaly my 395 and 575 along with the 455 and my pole saws no more of that nerve damage and pain I live with it every day .
I am not sure if I should just sell it and get a 395 XPW I have 395 and cannot figure out what is different I know a 395has a 3/8 clutch and sprocket , and a 404 one also . ? Though the dual porting adds maybe 1.5 in horsepower or so I understand, and it is louder.

My problem is all but the 3120 are 3. /8 saw I got a new 395 with a half wrap at Ebay store / equipent dealer . that I can drive and pickup

I wold consider a trade for a 395 power head in g very good shape. To a person near by or making arrangement with some one if you areaways from me.

Or just going ahead and continue my project of making it as new as possible .If can put a 3/8 clutch on it,. I should be able to or have a shop that does great work at a very fair price he also has great advice for any one.

I am not a mechanic but can learn easy stuff. . Is it reasonable to put in a new piston kit Balileys has them with gaskets an a they look as if all you do is remove thevold one and gaskets then replace the parts . If I were to do this along with my Frist priority is the clutch cover . I get a whole new chain brake mine is working perfectly but the part looks cosmetically ugly it works as it should or m then the start ove its come ready to bolt right on in other words eventually by next year I would have a near new very powerful saw .
Out of curiosity could one drop a 3120 piston kit in it. The bodies are the same if I am right now I would have a new looking monster. Then I would not sell it at all too much into it.

amd debating sell lthe Walekrized 395 and get another 395
What to do.

Any thoughts toss them out. I have other ideas if something works if out. I
Thanks

Mountainman

OK....SLOW DOWN!! and get your spelling and words right...The 394/395 is one of the best saws on the planet as far as I'm concerned.

Reading the first few sentences made my eyes cross :dizzy:

Stick with the 394/395 - I think there is nearly 8 pounds between these saws and the 3120 - SawTroll can tell us for sure when he checks in today.

Want to get rid of that troublesome 066?

Sorry it has been sold on ebasy . It theporcedds arer in art goping towrd a dent digital camera my other profession.
f i run across omne I will let you knww isometimes will see what a\ soem one thinks is a dead saw . butall it need is abit of TLC or in onecase a new spark plug . . I will buy them and see
what I can do for then i have a good shop a a five minuite drive from me s and he is both good and very fair pairced his saw prices are close to anything ihave seen on th net he iss also a honest guy . .

So I definalty will let you know :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back