snellerized 372 x torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know how similar they are. Especially with the cheaper 365xt coming out, i could see a xpw conversion in the future.

Yup, and still ripping away. Friend of mine has it to finish his firewood for the year. He has a 372 (71cc) I built and prefers the x-torq when running the longer bar. The XPOE does hold a grand more in the cut with the shorter guide.

Fantastic saw and i would recommend it to anyone but it will not run with an XPW.

That being said, I have been in the small engine repair business for twelve years now. Even ground up rebuilds to stock specs can go wrong for unknown reasons. It happens and dealt with in a professional manner, all things work out in the end. Glad both parties are happy.

hhhmmmm.
i ran the XT Spike brought to oscar's gtg in PA in the fall.
it was stock. it was also crazy powerful. i watched it run neck and neck with a heavily worked 2171.
the XT was fast enough that i DID NOT want to run my 7900 against it.... so i didn't. ;)

maybe spikes was loosened up and just a bit stronger than average from the factory... like does happen on occasion. :confused:

Thanks for the reviews guys, interesting reading and sounds like they are proving themselves.

Didn't want to run a 7900 against it's 71cc? Obviously gave the 372 the torque it needed.

Well Guys i wish i could give you a good report, alas i cant.

My 346xp, 390xp both Snellerized ran like champs, started on the 2nd or 3rd pull....WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then stock (Obviously:rock:). ?
WAAAYYY BETTER THEN STOCK!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA ......"champs" HAHAHAHAHA!

Chipmonger can sure be glad he didn't have a pathetic excuse of humanity such as yourself work on his saw. It takes a mighty small excuse of a man to get his jollies trying to take others down. You are a disgusting disgrace to AS. We'd be better off without you. You can be glad I'm not running this site. Of course, I realize I've just played into your hands. All you care about is getting under my skin. Pathetic.

Chipmonger can sure be glad he didn't have a pathetic excuse of humanity such as yourself work on his saw. It takes a mighty small excuse of a man to get his jollies trying to take others down. You are a disgusting disgrace to AS. We'd be better off without you. You can be glad I'm not running this site. Of course, I realize I've just played into your hands. All you care about is getting under my skin. Pathetic.

in before lock. ;)
quoted before edit. ;)
:popcorn:
:jester:
:poke:
:clown:
:cheers:

Side boobs Nik? :msp_scared:
attachment.php

yup,

The 372XT's have been out almost a year now and in that time, a fair amount of guys who have bought them were guys that have owned original 372's. Many have commented that they felt the saw was stronger than the original. Some have said quite a bit stronger. I've heard the same thing on the Jonny side of the family with the 2172.

The one Volks mentioned that I brought to Oscar's back in the fall was only on it's second or third tank of gas. A tank later I brought it up to Weimedog's farm and most of the NYCSM boys got to run her, and again it impressed everybody and ran with the ported stuff. I think it was BloodOnTheIce that said "This thing has a ton more balls than a regular 372." It only has a 20" bar on it, but so equiped it definitely runs more like a XPW than a regular 372. In fact, there is a father and son logging pair that I deal with. The kid runs an XPW and the father runs the XT. They say the XT is actually stronger, and Dad is always breaking Kyle's balls about "You gotta go put gas in that thing again?"

That's all a nice surprise to me, because I really don't like change and I was convinced that Husky was going to ruin a classic with that redesign. At this point I'm comfortable in saying that it's actually a better saw than the original. Plus it's easier to adjust now. You need the special tool, but there are no limiter caps to deal with.

The only failure I know of is the one Brad made his error on. Things are laid out a little different in there, he went a bit to far on the exhaust port and that killed it. Simple mistake that anybody can make. Brad did pay for the replacement jug, so it's not like he left Chipmonger hanging with a dead saw. But it wasn't the saw's fault.

Brad did pay for the replacement jug, so it's not like he left Chipmonger hanging with a dead saw. But it wasn't the saw's fault.

Not exactly as I read this, Brad built it to a conventional 372 instead of the original stock X-Torq 372. Maybe he felt that was the better way to go vs. stock.

BTW I did have a chance to run that XT and it is as Spike and Volksman articulated. IF the sun the moon and the stars line up for me to be able to buy a new saw...I'll be buying a red version, a Jonsered 2172. It impressed me that much. ( Might take a year or so...but I'll have one! :) ) And yes it ran with some woods ported machines I have experienced along with the light weight of my 365...but the thing that got me was how smooth that particular saw ran along with its wide powerband.

Last edited:

What a great way to start the morning:msp_angry:

Harry Barker...Please, do me a favor and stay out of any thread that i am involved with. You are, without a doubt, a feeble excuse for a human being and a pathetic waste of space on this planet. If you live in or around CT, and would like to talk in person about things i would be more than happy to do so. Im hard to miss, im 6'5" and 310 lbs just look for the size 16 boot print in the ground and when you find it look up because i just might be forced to feed it to you. Good Day!

What a great way to start the morning:msp_angry:

Harry Barker...Please, do me a favor and stay out of any thread that i am involved with. You are, without a doubt, a feeble excuse for a human being and a pathetic waste of space on this planet. If you live in or around CT, and would like to talk in person about things i would be more than happy to do so. Im hard to miss, im 6'5" and 310 lbs just look for the size 16 boot print in the ground and when you find it look up because i just might be forced to feed it to you. Good Day!

Sorry you have to deal with the emotional side of all this. I don't think any malicious intent is here. I think you two should meet you might be surprised at what you find. I know I plan to at some point sooner than later. (Meet Harry Barker that is, so far the only one's I know are at the end of a leash! :rock: Clever screen name!) All I have heard from a very trusted source and seen from other actions is that HB is both a talented and generous person, someone one we both would be better off knowing. So I propose first that we drop the subject as it's been hashed to death (and does NO one any good to continue) and then second you visit us at one of the GTG's and flush the differences with a good beer. Take this as a learning experience for all involved and move on. (Sort of hoping a X-Torq would show at the Official Work Saw Build)

So what was the cause of the ring breakage?

Not enough support for the ring on that side of the cylinder after porting?

Piston "rocking" causing the ring to catch the edge of the port.

It would be nice to know, as the "new" technology isn't going to go away anytime soon.....Cliff

So what was the cause of the ring breakage?

Not enough support for the ring on that side of the cylinder after porting?

Piston "rocking" causing the ring to catch the edge of the port.

It would be nice to know, as the "new" technology isn't going to go away anytime soon.....Cliff

We really don't know, Brad probably does but all this is second hand so its...just cyber crap. So chalk it up to research and development of a X-Tork build, suspect round two will end up better should that ever happen. One thing that comes to mind is what happened "back in the day" with racing motorcycles. As the manufactures raced and developed the product lines, it was harder and harder for aftermarket companies to come up with true improvements to a "blue printed" stock design. So they had to spend more time on the track and in the research part of the equation to actually be able to offer legitimate improvements to customers. More often than not they just moved the power band up and that was the "improvement" while reducing the reliability of the race motor. Companies like Pro Circuit and Yoshimura eventually won the race and marketing battle with heavy amounts of R&D.

Bet as each new generation of saw comes out we see the same thing. The difference between the 272 and 372 was huge. The port congigurations were radically different. The size of the 372's alone make it a tough deal to make a 272 generate the same power and RPM's. It takes the really good builders to over come the physical differences in the designs....so now we have the X-Torq which is a little different as the companies were trying to both address EPA regulations and maintain the performance of a sales leader as well. A MUCH tougher equation to solve. With yet another port configuration within the Cylinder (And a bit more complex) its going to take a little time for builders to find the blend of power and reliability while working thru the differences between the familiar 372's and the new X-torq's. First few attempts are likely going to end up as Brad's first. My bet his second will be better..third better yet as he gets time on this new design to figure what he can get away with...that is simply R&D. Over time either builders will figure out how to improve or simply go to the Blue Print approach to get the best they can out of a stock design...time will tell!

Last edited:
Chipmonger I am sure most of us would run in fear from such a tough guy. LOL Seriously though, you are clearly a VERY understanding fella. I know that if my new, expensive saw s the bed twice in such a short period of time, I would be flippin out. Clearly you and Brad have worked things out and what matters is that the customer is ok with things. However, HB says what I think a lot of people think. He does it in a irritating way I suppose, but I think Brad lucked out getting someone who is as understanding as yourself.

I think what he's getting at is HB doesn't have to be a DB everytime BS makes a post about this saw :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back