Snow!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hutch3912

hutch3912

ArboristSite Member
The ground is FROZEN and the snow is flying. If this keeps up its going to be a perfect winter to cut some wood up here in the Northeast.
:greenchainsaw:

Zackman1801

Zackman1801

ArboristSite Guru
ehh down my way the ground isnt frozen enough yet. we went out and sunk the skidder up the belly pans in the ground we though was frozen we walked it over and made sure it was good and solid but it still sunk, going to be some bad ruts to smooth out soon

hutch3912

hutch3912

ArboristSite Member
If your lucky

Hutch, just hope it doesn't snow like last winter up there - I've heard 4 ft in the woods is hard to get around in.

4ft was the shallow spots. My grandfather has lived in northern Maine his whole life, 84 years old never seen as much snow as they had last year. We'll see. Hopefully for the sake of the industry we have some ideal conditions at least through mid to late January.

371groundie

371groundie

ArboristSite Guru
snow?

its bare as a babys but down here, but my roads are froze up solid. and dusty on top! i dont think ive ever dealt with that before. north facing slopes are good, run on it once and the next day its frozen. the problem is the south facing slopes. once the sun gets on it the top gets greasy, but i dont want to put on the tire chains til theres snow. dirt wears them out too fast. mabey one day ill have a skidder and i can run chains all around all the time,

Latest posts