SO, Do You Like BIG Splitters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My distant neighbor has two tub grinders, both powered with 650HP CAT motors... I "think" they are Morbarks?

SR

The splitter is impressive in both size and strength, but as mentioned I can not quite understand the operators intentions. Given the rate of his progress I would have to suspect that he is an hourly employee :)
I agree he is painfully slow!! as an hourly employee who runs a track hoe for a living, I'd be fired first day if I ran it that slow. I was thinking he was the owner and was just doing a demo for the video? but who knows for sure.

just checked their video channel. when asked what the pieces are used for this is their reply;
Most goes to a local wood fired power generation plant.

I agree he is painfully slow!! as an hourly employee who runs a track hoe for a living, I'd be fired first day if I ran it that slow. I was thinking he was the owner and was just doing a demo for the video? but who knows for sure.

just checked their video channel. when asked what the pieces are used for this is their reply;
that's ok, at least they aren't wasting the stumps....but theres other uses,,esp if they are walnut or hard maple........

Yeah I asked him last night what the stumps were being split up for.
Just seemed like alot of cost to make some knarly firewood. I guess one good use for that old CAT motor though. If memory serves me it's about 120hp.

Sunrise is a family owned construction company in Redding, CA. That is the owner of the company. They grind them up along with any other woody debris and sell it to the local co-generation plant. Getting rid of stumps is generally a big pain. They figured out a way to avoid dump fees and make a few buck on it also.

Latest posts

Back