So I have to ask, who's not buring yet and just waiting.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtu160

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I live up here in Lehigh Valley Pa and its just been warm. 50-60+ during the days. Have the oil set at 62 and turn up a bit to take the chill out. Even with the dips at nights the house still stays at 65. Loving this nice weather :clap:

I'm on the other side of the coin...been burning for a bit, but haven't turned on the furnace yet :clap:

I'm in the Lehigh Valley area too, and we're only running the stove when needed, often only the small stove. Often I'll light one at night and maybe once in the morning, but then let it burn down. The stones around the stove keep it from cooling down too fast. Last night we didn't light either of them. We have no furnace for back up anymore, only a couple of space heaters, but we're not too fussy about maintaining a constant temperature or letting it get fairly cool in the house - sweaters work really well.

i haven't turned my furnace on in 4 years or more.

we've been burning at night only...maybe for a couple of hours.

when the temps are above 25 the house just gets too damn warm to burn a constant fire.

this damn warm weather is ruining my deer hunting and my fall burning! Im pissed!

Too warm and too much rain for deer season. Have only burned for two days and that just to test out the new woodstove (NC30). Heat pump has been doing fine and saving the locust and oak for the cold weather.

I live up here in Lehigh Valley Pa and its just been warm. 50-60+ during the days. Have the oil set at 62 and turn up a bit to take the chill out. Even with the dips at nights the house still stays at 65. Loving this nice weather :clap:

Yes, this is just crazy warm weather-nice, but unhealthy-lots of people sick from it myself included but oh well, easy on the heating bill so far. Calling for somewhat cooler temps later this week but still near normal. The wife remembers one of these so called weather forecasting experts say awhile back that Nov. and Dec. were going to be very cold and snowy here-yeah, right. Some of them couldn't tell you the weather if they were standing outside in it....

With the surplus from that Halloween storm and warm weather so far this season I'm betting you won't be able to GIVE firewood away come Spring...we shall see...

Ive been burning quite a bit. My only complaint is that I cant put away any shorts and tank tops. it is 78 in the house right now, and I am sitting by the open window. Oh well, all the thermostats are in the off mode. Fine by me

For some reason my kids cant figure out why they are so lethargic, and my dog hasnt moved in days.

I am also in Lehigh valley. I was burning steady since the Halloween snow until this Thanksgiving weekend to make sure that I do not support the oil company (plus I just like it).

It's crazy warm here even with the rain - My forsythia's even popped blooms!

I've been having night time fires since about mid-September. At times, the house has warmed up a bit too much, so we open up some windows. Only 5 or 6 times have I loaded the stove during the day. There's usually enough residual heat from the stove and the surrounding brick hearth to keep the house above 70.

Back