So I tried my hand at filing square chisel...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I slept in... might not even make it up to the mountain to test it out...

darn it!

Been a while since I posted here... think my life has finally slowed down a bit so I can enjoy the finer points in life... like a sharp chain, a loud saw and a little bit of firewood cuttin:bowdown:

I waited as long as I could before I gave it a shot. With all the talk about how people were frustrated by the learning curve, It wasn't one of the things I needed to add to my failure list. I got the file, chain and saw and gave it a try. Tested the cutting before and after. I wish I had tried sooner. Very happy with results.
Bill

I have been doing drywall in my house for 2 years now... that was a learning curve. and a lot of work.

So I figure now what Im done with that... square filing has to be easy! I need a new file... I had one pferd and a few of them hexagonal files and I can't find my hexagonals... dang it!

i want to try it someday, but for now i'm real good at round filing and my round filed chains are pretty close to razor sharp. is there really that much difference?

If you haven't been on in a while there is a thread from a couple weeks ago about square filing. It does take patience and a lot of time to get decent at it. I don't know how long it takes to get good at it. I'm still not close to good. I can get a few good cutters every now and then.

001-5.jpg

http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=141414

Back