So, is a husky rancher 61 worth the time..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niko, are there SN's specific to the R model? does the plate have any special id to indicate R ???? are there certain years it was made?? my father has a white top but there is no indication that it is a R. i know that covers can and were frequently swapped.

I don't recall the details, but the IPLs on Huskys US site sure will reveal some of the story, if you take a look there!

As I recall it, the top cover changed from white to dark gray about 1984, but I have no idea when the power specs and designation changed. The really late 61s had orange top covers.

Another name on the Rancher was Practica, on other than the US market, as with some other "white-tops" (and some that were not, just to confuse us further).

Generally, the Husky story from about 1975 to about 1990 is hard to get a grip on, but their public and comprehensive IPL library will help you finding the part numbers, if you need that! :censored:

Last edited:
Back