So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went fishing with Brian and Kenn (Rocky J. Squirrell and Outonalimb). High in the 50's and rain today.

Photo by Rocky J. Squirrell.

LMAO...

It's okay, I plan on going SOUTH... FAR SOUTH...

Like, so's I can pee on the equator south.

;)

While peeing on the equator note that the water in the bowl doesn't swirl-just falls toward the center of the earth. I hope you are flushed with success.:)

Sorry, horribly bad pun.:p

Originally posted by Stumper
Warning. The water is really COLD then.
It was about this time of year a couple decades ago when I lived in the Yampa valley.  I and my brother-in-law hiked several miles up/in to a small pair of lakes somewhere south of Hayden for a couple day stay.  Someone had evidently brought in some brook trout (they aren't native there, are they?) and while catching some of the orange-meat dinner I got my little Mepps (solo hook) snagged about 30' out.  The water was clear (naturally) and shallow, so I took my boots and wool socks off to wade in to retrieve it.  I didn't dally around and by the time I got back to shore, my feet were blue.  I guess what you said reminded me...

Fishing for trout in the Rockies west of the Divide totally spoiled me for fishing.  That and the (paved) roads in conjunction with my V45 Interceptor are two aspects of living out there I really miss.

Glen

Iwantoseit

Hi glens what a v45intercepter look like???
Any chance of a pic??..........It's nice being at home again....

Justin is that Sherlock holmes lurking in all that fog????????
What a shot(large still) Is that what you call holidays....Looks cold as hell to me...

Hi Derek.

Hmm, the browser window title says "Reply to Topic" but this seems somehow a little off...

I don't have a scanner so I can't show you what <i>mine</i> looked like.&nbsp; I did a quick google for it and found this <a href="http://www.mcreports.com/Pages/Indivbikes/Honda/VF700-750.html" target="_blank">blurb</a>.&nbsp; Mine ended up with slightly less turn signals, mirrors, etc. and slightly more race pipes and other go-fast acoutrements (and an about-10-grit-polished-clutch cover and fairing -- it's amazing how far one of those can slide!).

In the early '80s the AMA roadracing "superbike" class was for bikes based on stock machines, limited to 1025 (I think) cc and smaller.&nbsp; They changed it to <i>mostly</i> stock and dropped it to 750 cc for 1983 (I think).&nbsp; Honda produced a chain-drive version of their new V-4 water-cooled engine, mounted it in a killer frame with a 16" front wheel, and cleaned up for the first couple of years.&nbsp; It was evidently the first ever production motorcycle which could reliably lift its rear wheel off the ground while braking.&nbsp; Changing rate of speed in the other direction made the other end respond similarly.&nbsp; It was a bit heavy but worked extremely well.

I averaged better than 10,000 miles a year for the first couple of years, living at 7,000 ft elevation in the Rocky Mountains (western slope) and even dabbled in actual racing.

You're going to get me all sad thinking about it...

When I moved to the midwest (east of the Mississippi river but west of the eastern mountains) the greater population making use of the roadways caused a change in my desire to ride much.

Glen

sorryboutthread

Thanks fer the "remind" about the topic glens....
Technicaly, You did "something"today even if it was off the topic...
And posted it for me thanx.....least now I know it"s a bike...
The term Interceptor for most of us in oz, dont know bout your thoughts aussie, Was a 76-77 xc ford falcon sedan that the cops used on the highways....They proberly used the term for later models but my brother had an ex-interceptor cop car that used to just about suck your eyes through the back of your neck...Awsome power in it...

Bikes and I dont get along anymore,3 months in hospitial at 17,
off a GSX1100,es tended to put a bit of sence into me...

Stumper, How many warm places that have fish, did yuz have to drive past to find all that cold???

must really love your fishing....ENJOY IT..........Derek....

Yes they were trout-Rainbows and one Rainbow/Cuthroat hybrid. THe whole area was chilled yesterday by a cold front. From highs near 90 degrees fahrenheit down to the mid 50s. Todays high in Canon City is forecast to be 72.-Right now it is 50 and foggy. Yes, I love fishing but I've been too busy to fish more than a couple of days since spring.-Gotta correct that!:D

Back