So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we may have wasted our money on those things! I think I bought ten or so and maybe 2 or 3 guys are using them. Anything is worth a try in this heat.

I'm not caring much for the hardhat thing, but I do like the "around the neck" bandanna thing. I keep two soaking in ice water. I just googled cooling vests and all of them work like the bandannas. I don't care for soaking my pants, I wish I could find the Blue Ice vests.

I jsut saw one of those on a friend in Richmond. He sprays and runs crews and swears by it. It looks too bulky and heavy to me; unthinkable in the tree. and too uncomfortable for claustrophobic me anyuwhere.

I like wearing loose thin longsleeved shirts (castoff business shirts make me a "white-collar professiona), and feeliing the cool from evapotranspiration.

treeseer said:
I jsut saw one of those on a friend in Richmond. He sprays and runs crews and swears by it. It looks too bulky and heavy to me; unthinkable in the tree.

Bulkier than wearing a jacket in wintertime?

Yes, it's a thicker, heavier jacket, far bigger than any jacket you need in south LA in january :rolleyes:

6-12 pounds would make a big difference in a tree, I would think. One of our guys just started wearing the camel back and said it is a godsend but had to get used to the weight, and those things are probably only 2-3 pounds

In winter I get my warmth from layers of undies, not bulky outies.

Whoops, this is turning into a December thread :p

I wish I had the motivation for a rec climb today but I don't think it is going to happen. I was thinking it would be good for a laugh to hang a mannequin, or a bike or a stove up in a tree. For it to be perfect you would have to do it with no audience and secure the said object with the safety of passerbys in mind. You could even have a rotation with a different object every week/month. A sling and carabiner would be all you would need to hang a mountain bike and would make a unique photo. ;) :p

Hey good idea, I often think of doing stuff like that.

I re-done your pic as couldn't see ya.

attachment.php

Spent the week felling Silver birch and Hornbeam. Part of a woodland restoration project in Herts. Its not been managed for 60 odd years and the wood is just dieing out. So we went in a cleared some trees.

The trees ranged form 6"-16" Theres a STIHL AV20 on there which was used to cut it down............when it worked

Back