So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to hone out some bores on a Bobcat to install some new bushings so will try my new Dremel grinder on that. (that's more of a priority than playing with saw engines)

I hear ya there. Since we are talking diesel, I've been working on trying to make this work again.

MG_5114-M.jpg

My little buddy (2-1/2 yr old grandson in my avatar) was over today and over lunch he said "Grandpa, you need more chainsaws so you can put them in the basement". I make videos of my saws cutting and he loves to watch them. He watched the 650 Homelite vid and also said today that he wants to see a monster McCulloch chainsaw vid. (I guess I need to find a 125 or a 797). The only manufacturer's name he has trouble with now is Husqvarna. He's got the rest down pat. Good training by grandpa there.

I need to do that on my Explorer. I also keep the tools and a spare serpentine belt in my vehicles.

Replaced a steam trap on a press at work. Had the afternoon off so i cleaned up a new to me 026.
Just light coat of sawdust/oil all over inside the covers. Saw had very little use.

170+ compression, WT 194 carb, constant oil pump, nothing broke or stripped.
The spark plug color looked good but it had to go, NGK is ok but the Torch that was in it had to go!

It cranks and runs good but when it comes to idle after a few seconds slows and dies.
Some new fuel and impulse lines and a carb kit should get it right.

one of my good customers came in with all 3 of his chainsaws not working . 1) the dredded POS 029 farm boss 2) a husky 142 and 3) a top handle echo ..... had to clean the carbs and fuel tanks to get the 4 year old gas he put in the saws out lol ....the stihl was done in 15 mins withe a 8mm socket and a scrench .....the echo was done in about 20mins with only a philips screwdriver for tools and the husky took a hour and i had to use like 15 different screwdrivers, allen wrenches and sockets ....that hucky is the biggest POS saw i have ever worked on ....the wild thing is easyer to work on ....lol

A torx 27, 2pairs of hemostats, scrench and a 6 in 1 screwdriver will get most things done on a Stihl.
The 6 in 1 has the 1/4 and 5/16" sockets holding the screwdriver bits. The 5/16 works for the carb nuts.
The Snap-on, Matco, and other tools are nearby if things get serious.

I also need some reading glasses and optivisor for seeing detail as well as good light. I can see well at anything over 6' but close up detail is getting fuzzy, 56yrs old eyes.

Today I took down two dead oaks. Roped one and pulled it over with the truck. Groundi did all the smaller diameter cuts with the 018C and I cut up the rest with an 026. Flush cut the stumps (should've brought a bigger saw) and then split the rounds down and loaded them up in a trailer. Shredded a trailer tire on the way home but I was almost to the driveway by the time I noticed it. I split and stacked about 2/3 of the wood but then fizzled and quit. Someday, I'll get the trailer emptied and then worry about the tire.

Spent the afternoon cutting deadfall with the Husky 50 with the 55 top end I put together a few days ago. Got a couple loads of decent wood out of it, and am burning some of it right now. Got chilly here.

Today I got 12 free saws delivered to my front door. Ten homelite/ pioneer and 2 Stihls. Kept the 026 and 038 mag. Traded the other ten for a 034 fuel line, but alas, no deal.

rebuilt my 036 pro tonight after i got done with work . new fuel line , inpulse line , gaskets and seals and installed a meteor piston ...... (this was the first time i ever spent $40 on 1 piston and to tell the truth it will be the last . had to use the old c-clips because the meteor ones fit loose in the grove . they may have sent the wrong ones but have better luck with $12 china crap ) just waiting on the carb rebuild kit and it should be ready for another 20 years

Got a new saw... Couldnt wait any longer. Its one of those crappy farm boss things to.... The worse thing tho, it actually cuts wood!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!!

Latest posts

Back