So when is Stihl gonna update their MS260......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fore yaw to get to fussing too much answer me a question Rich. I asked Ben but he wouldn't say. Is your 441 extremely easy on fuel, mine sure is. I'm wondering if I got a real goodie or does your's use less fuel too???

Definitely runs longer compared to a few others I have had in the same class!!!

That being a Shindaiwa 757 and an Echo CS-670!!!

Can't compare it to the modded saws..........they are natural gas hogs!!!

See 'Troll I likes them tree exclamation points!!!

He spoke his mind Ben. Apparently he rates his saws like 99% of most people, no thrills needed as long as it holds up. I doult seriously he wasted much time fiddling with the small stuff Ben, he's more like me, cut some wood and get it to the house.
POOulans and 029's last just fine too for many people..... Its all about what your expectations for performance and durability are.
While I gotcha here Ben want to ask you a question. You ran that 441 did you noticed just how long it ran on a tank of fuel? Mine seems to go and go and go. I could take that saw and cut more wood in a day than I could with my 046 because I'm not stopping over and over to refuel. Did the one you tried out seem easy on fuel or is mine super tuned????
The 441 has a very significant mileage advantage over my ported 372, and a slightly less, but still significant advantage over my muffler mod, but stock 372's.
Not surprising since my Redmax 8000 blower runs twice as long as the BR 420 it replaced.

See 'Troll I likes them tree exclamtion points!!!

Well hell I thought I had a specail one, grrrrrrrrrrrr. One of the guys I sold one to came back and told me his was easy on fuel too but I wasn't sure if he knew what easy was. Thanks ole boy, now yaw can fuss abit.

See 'Troll I likes them tree exclamtion points!!!

Those are two extremely unimpressive saws, according to the info I have collected (never ran any of tham)......:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

See 'Troll I likes them tree exclamation points!!!

Those are two extremely unimpressive saws, according to the info I have collected (never ran any of tham)......:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Doesn't surprise me..............too much time under the bridge will do that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
POOulans and 029's last just fine too for many people..... Its all about what your expectations for performance and durability are.

The 441 has a very significant mileage advantage over my ported 372, and a slightly less, but still significant advantage over my muffler mod, but stock 372's.
Not surprising since my Redmax 8000 blower runs twice as long as the BR 420 it replaced.

True Ben, most folks could care less how a saw performs as long as it keeps
on running. Apparently he had some bad luck with his Huskies and had no more use for them. It wasn't a bash party Ben, he was just speaking his mind. Ole country boy who had never even heard of Dolmar but knows a break down is a break down. Nothing more nothing less.

Well it looks like my 441 is like the one you tried and Rich's as well. Well hell I'm gonna quit thinking mine was super tuned, grrrr.

Troll I had a big Shiny come in a month or so ago. Fried bigtime. It was a 557 if I recall correctly. The guy was p o pissed. He left carring a new 361 and now he's a regular pain in my butt. Comes in all the time telling me man that saw you sold me is great. I'm like I heard ya say that 500 times now,grrrr.

BlueRidgeMark that used to be on the site took that Shiny home, the guy gave it to him..

Hi you cannibals. This I DON'T like. Are you guys gonna crazy. What is it!. STOP IMMIDIATELY WITH THIS BULL????!!!!! You are both very silly. I cant accept it.

But as I see, Troll is'nt like that. He is always very serious, so I can't understand nothing about this.

And who are you rahtreelimbs? I don't know you, but maybe you are a very serious person.:confused:

The "ignore" button can be a wonderful thing...

I just had an experience with my 026 that hit home when I read this thread. I went to cut some wood for retired relatives Sat. I don't cut any thing over about 12 to 14" at the ground because I have to load it and haul on a little trailor on a 4 wheeler. Anyway my 026 just suddenly quit idling . NOthing I did fixed it. I was left with my MS200. Well cranked it up and went to work. It cut with so must less vibration and on the small stuff I cut it was smoother also. Anyway, Stihl could update that saw to make it run smoother and wouldnt hurt my feelings, it is still a good saw. Plus my little MS200 cut the heck out of that small stuff! Proud as heck of it.
Also as I think Lakeside said, the 26RMC3 doesn't cut as smooth as they would have you believe, in my unproffessional opinion.
Keep cuttin'
Greg Harrison

I just e-mailed Stihl about the 260 and received a reply. They said that they are updating several of their saws this year, but he did not think the 260 was one of them. However the 026/260 has been in production since 1982 and he said that it will probably not be updated but will be a completely new design. I just wonder if he knows more than he is saying and if a new 261 will be out sooner than we think since he made that kind of comment.

...I just wonder if he knows more than he is saying and if a new 261 will be out sooner than we think since he made that kind of comment.

If I've read correctly, Stihl does their 'dealer's meeting' & new product roll-out in February each year... So I suspect whatever new & interesting they have in the works is being kept "mostly" secret until then.

I found this site in the midst of researching a new smaller saw for my wife... (to replace a well-used Husky 41) anyway all that led to me putting $30 in parts + a couple hours of elbow grease and the 41 runs as good as new... and since Momma didn't 'need' a new saw at that point, I snagged me a new 361 :jester:

I'd love it if they come out with a modern saw that takes all of the good stuff from the 026/260 series and combines it with some of the 361 features (AV mainly) while keeping the well-documented reliability/durability of the old saw.

I guess we'll see what's up for this year in a few days/weeks. :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back