Soft protective power head cover for chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John E Davies

Reaction score
Hi; This is my first post. I figured if you guys couldn't help, the solution isn't out there ;)

I recently mounted an aluminum chainsaw scabbard to the tailgate of my utility trailer
It works pretty well, keeping my Stihl Woodboss 024 saw readily at hand, and all the oily glop from the bar drips down and away from the trailer. However....

I'm looking for a soft padded cover for the power head to keep off the heavy dust I encounter on forest roads, and also excess water from rain storms. I am prepared to fabricate something if I have to, but my wife's sewing machine took a dump, so I will have to get her a new one first ;(

And I would hate to spend a couple of hours labor on this project if I could find a $20 cover online somewhere...

Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Last edited by a moderator:
Stihl sells a soft cover for it's brush cutters but I don't know if it would be big enough ? I would think it would fit a 024 but but that is only a guess.

You could buy a stihl case, and hack it up, so it fits over the 024 but also hooks up with the aluminum scabbard. But I could also be very wrong. Post a picture of your setup?

Husqvarna makes a soft case for their small thru mid-size saws. Baileys has them on sale right now around $24.95

attachment.php

Sounds like you are looking for something classier than a garbage bag a zip tie, right?

How about a small to medium duffel bag from a garage sale and some velcro straps?

Philbert

Back