soil as wound dressing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hide it trick

I have always known of this as an old landscapers lawn maintenance trick. Rather than face the Homeowners or Arborists wrath, the purveyor of lawn moweritice or weed whackeritice can hide the wound with a good soil rubbing. By the time you spot it, ageing is difficult

I have never seen evidence of any benefit to the tree that prevention would'nt cure.

Norm St. Jean

I think I first heard of this from an old arborist in saratoga calif Lee Lesh, Lees Tree surgeons, and It has been something I have been curious about. Only to discolor a pruning cut that distracts from the natural beauty of the tree. It came be that when I was working for John Britton in St Helena Calif he showed me one tree his crew had pruned for robert Mondavi for 7500.00 alot of money to prune one tree in the 80s. I noticed a large pruning cut on the bowl of the tree that distracted from the beauty and asked John and Denise they had never heard of it but the flora fauna answer is what I remember Denise saying.

John Kakouris certified since 88

Latest posts

Back