Solo chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do I know?

I like them. I have three. A 639, 645, and 654. I think they are well built saws. Parts availability is no problem, even if you don't have a dealer close by. Solo sells parts direct.

They don't have the name recognition of the big two, or even some of the others. Quality wise, I would say they are close to the big guys.

Hey what do you think of the 575xp? I've heard bad things about it.

Ive' heard mixed reviews about the 575,,, I dont own one but my neighbor does and he seems to like it but He doesnt know much about saws he has complained that the chain is always loose and wont stay tight,,,

As I said he doesnt know much about saws...

Ive' heard mixed reviews about the 575,,, I dont own one but my neighbor does and he seems to like it but He doesnt know much about saws he has complained that the chain is always loose and wont stay tight,,,

As I said he doesnt know much about saws...

At least wait for the New Edition ones, with a tad less weight and more power.......

At least wait for the New Edition ones, with a tad less weight and more power.......

They are here already....and they do feel lighter.....and the intake is better.......but they still have niggling problems

Or have they announced yet another remake?

I forgot about the fuel injected ones......I think they are still a ways off as yet

Last edited:

Yeah He aske me to come look at it after about the second or third week he had it and said that the chain was loose all the time,,, and he really had to push on it to get it to cut,,,,,,, when I go there,,,, I almost lost it,,,,,:monkey: the chain was so rocked out and dull you could grab any cutter and drag your barehand over it and never recieve a scratch,,, I asked him if he had another chain and he said yeahh ,,, then I did loose it it was worse than the one he had on it!!!!!! I just shook my head, Took both of his chains home and Gound them as best I could,,, They may have had one or two grindings left,,,,, When I brought them back I asked him what happend to them???? He said oh the teenagers had been using them cutting up some blow downs :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: I just shook my head and told him he ought totell them boys to keep the chain out of the dirt but his saw stihl runs so he must have got a good one cause its going through Hell on EARTH!!!!!

Oh and just a few months back they decided to Build a swimming pool,, so they had about 5 removals and he was gonna do it himself, the first tree he dropped went right across the powerlines and took out power to himself and about 5 other homes His wife called me and I ended up doing OK on the remaining 4,,,,, LOL ya gotta love it!!!! :cheers:

Back