some job pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Some job pics from the last few months... not big on taking them myself, so I take what I can get from friends.

To start, a white ash that I had taken some branches off of last year, and cabled.. this was before the construction of a glass conservatory? right below the tree... well of course the guy decided after putting up the new structure that the tree should go. Luckily I was able to speedline the parts over the glass to the lawn.

Rotten red maple we took down... had to lower EVERYTHING because of the septic tank and system being right below the tree. The only thing I was able to "bomb" was the last 20' and even that needed cribbing in a very tight spot. One of the neighbors across the street (a client) busted my chops later on by claiming that he could feel the ground shake when it hit the ground. Another neighbor told me that "wood is like sex, you can never have enough" so when I delivered the wood to his driveway I told him "I hope you like big, ugly women, because that's what this is." 3 1/2 guys (a friend showed up for a bit to help and scap up some wood) I was up the tree by 9 (late start, I know) and had it down by 2:30.

My first ever crane job... white oak about 70 feet away from center pin on a 33 ton national? crane. No damage at all to the understory plantings, we even managed to get a pignut hickory done for the guy afterwards located between a bunch of wires. After this the guy called in another company to do all the "easy" work and wanted me to come back later for the other hard ones... I told him where to stick it.

Quick Pick, operator was Tom... good guy. I believe I used them at your recommendation actually. 33 ton crane with I think 125' of main boom, and another 25' of jib??? Will send pm.

Quick Pick, operator was Tom... good guy. I believe I used them at your recommendation actually. 33 ton crane with I think 125' of main boom, and another 25' of jib??? Will send pm.

Good to hear things worked out with them!

My crane gig is turning into a headache.. now I have to have the power co. wrap a ton of wires in order to do it, and this goat roping hillbilly up at the goshen public works dept. says he cant let me shut down both lanes of the road. Grrr.. He's supposed to go out there and look at it some point here and get back to me. He should come around hopefully.

This stuff used to stress me out, now I just go along with it, I guess its just part of the job.

Latest posts

Back