Some of my recent millings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxerjoe04

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since posting anything, figured I'd show some of my recent millings over the past few months. Finally got to use my 60" bar on some oak, milled some 48" cookies off of a burr oak and milled 44" wide slabs from a pin oak. The burr oak cookies I used my 60" bar for the first time, worked great until I hit a piece of metal. On the 44"x114" pin oak slabs, I had to use a come along to get them off the trailer since they were real heavy for just me and my wife. Milled some smaller sections of walnut with my 36" bar, they were cut down before I got to them so they ended up only being like 3.5 feet long or so but 24" wide. Realized I need to purchase a 41" bar, have a lot of tree hovering around 32-34" which obviously won't work with my 36" bar.

Been awhile since posting anything, figured I'd show some of my recent millings over the past few months. Finally got to use my 60" bar on some oak, milled some 48" cookies off of a burr oak and milled 44" wide slabs from a pin oak. The burr oak cookies I used my 60" bar for the first time, worked great until I hit a piece of metal. On the 44"x114" pin oak slabs, I had to use a come along to get them off the trailer since they were real heavy for just me and my wife. Milled some smaller sections of walnut with my 36" bar, they were cut down before I got to them so they ended up only being like 3.5 feet long or so but 24" wide. Realized I need to purchase a 41" bar, have a lot of tree hovering around 32-34" which obviously won't work with my 36" bar.

Nice job!IMG_20170526_155546.jpgand then a little further alongIMG_20170603_101923.jpg5/16" in center that was in place most of my life. Wrapped around 1 of 4 trunks of same roots

Latest posts

Back